Get your pots out for the lads!

camberiu said:
dont-feed-the-troll.jpg

Lol. I guess you're right.

Anyone know the details of this new tax?

On some of the social networks there are calls for the people to come out again tonight.
My take on this, is that initially many of the casserole protests will be ignored by the cronies at the top. After all, what better way to ridicule people?
The police I don't believe have the stomach or motivation to engage and I believe they will simply stand back and watch.
The thugs belonging to the cronies are of course a different matter.
I'm certainly not wishing to incite unrest here, but since I live here under the same conditions as the ordinary man/woman in the street and am married to an Argentine lady, I suppose it helps to gauge the temperature.
An important aspect here is the rise of the social networks since 2001 and 2008. During the London riots (which I deplored by the way as there was no clear cut motive), many used the closed Blackberry message system which was difficult to monitor by the authorities.
Of course these are just my humble opinions, but I do feel that the issue of these networks and their potential effects will NOT have been lost on the govt and I know this may be stretching a point, but censorship (possible denial of service?) may be a recourse currently under their radar.
However we protest, it must be peaceful, but I believe as every day and as every control is passed, the gulf between 'us and them', will only get wider.

Its a freaking joke!
The majority voted for Keratina.....(TWO times!!!!)
So, they should just have put their vote another place instead of this children behaviour!

Napoleon said:
This is much more 2008 than 2001. Cristina still has over 50% of the country in her purse. In 2008 she had a favorability rating of ~28%. Remember, she''s still a grieving widow... who dances in the streets of Africa begging for oil from a country that partners with Repsol to extract their oil. :eek:

The stink will get worse, but Cristina's not going anywhere unless she wants too. She has backing in the House (diputados) & the Senate, plus over half the country. AND, her thugs are much more violent and fearless than the people of Barrio Norte, Palermo, y Belgrano.

As long as she can keep hoarding dollars and paying government wages, she'll be fine. But seeing as diplomats around the globe aren't being paid on time anymore and are being told not to spend money on travel and basically on doing their jobs, perhaps the day is coming where all of the payoffs will start drying up.

THEN we will start seeing some unrest. But until then, it's all a big show.

I agree with all of this. If these protests (assuming there will be more) grow and get down to the Plaza de Mayo, I have no doubt that La Campora, D'Elia, Moreno, the JP (Juventud Peronista) will send out the goons. And given all the anger and polarization in the air, anything could happen. If the violence that took place during the March 2008 demonstrations is any indication, the govt. will send out proxies to "take back" the Plaza. They regard it as their own. And this time the situation is more critical. I think the payoffs ARE drying up. The entire K house of cards is at stake. And some of them are capable of just about anything. The words they use to describe the cacerola crowd (gorila, cipayo, anti-pueblo, vende-patria, lacre, traidor, golpista) are not the kinds of words one uses to describe people you disagree with, but rather people you regard as irredeemably malevolent and therefore undeserving of consideration as citizens. From there it's a short step to violence.

I joined in the protests last night,,,there was a feeling that this is the beginning of something that won't end in 5mins. This was certainly a different crowd to the usual paid 'Choripanes' , these were common working folk who are fed up with the criminal Klass that are holding this country hostage.

Tonight we'll meet again at the corner of Callao & Santa Fe at 20.30. Please pass it on.

If Kretina really won with 54%, she certainly wouldn't be getting anywhere near that now..more like 30%.

There's a point where some of us have to stand up & denounce these Kriminals.
BASTA con la Korrupcion K.

My very Kirchnerista workmate's take on the cacerolazo was that it is the rich crying because they are not allowed dollars - that these rich expect us (the poor, downtrodden) to go without essentials like food, etc so that they can keep up their habit of buying dollars and travelling freely around the world. So they head out into the street and make all sorts of quilombo, disrupting the lives of the ordinary citizen (???!)
It was interesting to hear en vivo y directo what the typical K take on the cacerolazo was.
On another note, my husband says that 50 years ago, a famous Argentine political comedian did a sketch on spending the day buying and selling dollars and making a small profit. The 'dollar' culture is very old and very ingrained in Argentine society.

Dennis, the English Google translation is hilarious, especially in the comments section.

AngelinBA said:
My very Kirchnerista workmate's take on the cacerolazo was that it is the rich crying because they are not allowed dollars - that these rich expect us (the poor, downtrodden) to go without essentials like food, etc so that they can keep up their habit of buying dollars and travelling freely around the world. So they head out into the street and make all sorts of quilombo, disrupting the lives of the ordinary citizen (???!)
It was interesting to hear en vivo y directo what the typical K take on the cacerolazo was.
On another note, my husband says that 50 years ago, a famous Argentine political comedian did a sketch on spending the day buying and selling dollars and making a small profit. The 'dollar' culture is very old and very ingrained in Argentine society.

Wonder what her take is on Madame K and all her cronies stashing their loot in dollars? Here is a take from one of my pot banging friends:
" The main government spokesman for the theme that Argentinians should "think in Pesos," who was long Cristina's chief of staff and now is a senator, was asked yesterday on the radio about his own substantial savings in Dollars and he snapped, "I bought them because I felt like it, what I do with my money is my business, I'm not about to exchange them for Pesos now and lose money, and by the way, they are in a safe place (i.e., not in a bank)." How rich is that? His comments helped fuel the cacerolazo last night. Today's La Nación has a story about the savings held by La Presidenta and her cabinet members in Dollars. She has over US$3 million stashed away. Her VP has 94% of his savings in Dollars, the Minister of Foreign Affairs has 86%, the Justice Minister has 98%, and so on. "

Back