How much would you pay for this apartment?

2GuysInPM said:
@BAwithkids, I don't know the Belgrano R area, but USD $3300 seems high to me. Specially when it is missing furnishings and dish/washer/dryer.

For comparison, that price could get you a same size modern 2br apartment in PM on a high-rise (15th floor+) with great city or river views and all the furnishings and missing items you list. It would also have 24/7 security, and amenities (gym, pool, play areas for kids, parking, etc.)

I think BAwithkids is specifically looking for a three bedroom apartment in Belgrano because she wants three bedrooms and will be teaching in Belgrano.:)

I'll be in that part of town tomorrow so I'll take a look.

Nativexpat - I'm confused by your comment - the OP's apt is on the same side of the tracs as Freire (but closer to Cramer). Which side of the tracks are you refering to?

Citygirl...please enter Conesa y Echeverria on this map: http://mapa2.buenosaires.gob.ar/

Belgrano R is on the left side of the grey line on that map. Freire is divided by the tracks, so it ends up on both parts of Belgrano (R and "not so R") :)

fred mertz said:
You mention "pictures of the furniture". Are you here or there? I hope that you´re not planning to rent an apartment in BA without seeing it!!!!!

Completely agree with Fred on this - it may be the more Nhemipshere way to move country with your accomodation settled before you arrive but there are many surprises that can befall you here re rentals. It would be wise to either have a local friend (or expat) go check the place live or to come here and go for a short term month renatl (more expensive) but then look and find an appt at your leisure knowing the real options.

So the side of the tracks closer to Melian? The boundaries always confuse me - I thought everything west of Cramer was technically Belgrano R,

Is this the apartment?

http://www.enbuenosaires.com/alquiler/conesa-belgrano-136937.html

It took less than a minute to find it.

(This is the same website on which I found my PH in Nunez.)

Perhaps now you will get more reasonable responses to your inquiry.

(And you now know you can get at least $100 off the asking price.)

I think anyone who would rent this apartment to a family with children is a candidate for sainthood.

Yes, the closer to Melian the better...

Technically speaking, maybe it does start on Cramer... but as I said before... the real "Belgrano R feel" starts left of the tracks on that map. There is no comparing one side of the tracks with the other.

steveinbsas said:
Is this the apartment?

http://www.enbuenosaires.com/alquiler/conesa-belgrano-136937.html

It took less than a minute to find it.

(This is the same website on which I found my PH in Nunez.)

Perhaps now you will get more reasonable responses to your inquiry.

(And you now know you can get at least $100 off the asking price.)

I think anyone who would rent this apartment to a family with children is a candidate for sainthood.

Yes, that's it! For some odd reason, I wasn't sure if I should post the actual apartment - but now, you did it for me :). And very good to know that the owner is asking less on this website ($400/month less!). Is this website owner-direct? Thanks Steve!

BAwithkids said:
Yes, that's it! For some odd reason, I wasn't sure if I should post the actual apartment - but now, you did it for me :). And very good to know that the owner is asking less on this website ($400/month less!). Is this website owner-direct? Thanks Steve!

Oops, I typed $100...should have been $400.

You should be able to get get it for the lower price...if not even a bit less.

The website is for both inmobliarias and duenos.

If the agent tries to tell you the price on the internet is an "old" price I think you will still be able to rent it at $2900/month. They could have updated the on line price in a minute...at anytime...but they didn't.

You have the upper hand now.

LAtoBA said:
As everyone's mentioned that's high, especially for being owner direct. There are better deals out there.

It's not owner direct on the www.enbuenosaires.com website:

http://inmobiliarias.enbuenosaires.com.ar/empresa/tobaires.html

If BAwithkids has actually been negotiating directly with the owner until now, the inmobliaria will want at least one month commission (if not more), wiping out the savings (if she goes to them).

But if she tell the owner she is willing to pay $2900 and the agent is not involved she will probably get the apartment at that rate.

Back