I See Larger Headcount Of Gringo In Argentina Vs Rest

Obama is far from perfect but, given the unprecedented mess he inherited, he's done a creditable job. His medical insurance reform, while it may not go far enough, is a major advance that future generations will appreciate as much as today's population appreciates FDR's visionary Social Security. And he did it in spite of vicious personal attacks and shameless lies intended to undercut his legitimacy. As an idealist, I find shortcomings in Obama; as a pragmatist, I appreciate him.

Apparently the new word for deceiving, manipulative, lying, business as usual as***** is "far from perfect". Since you're st on staying there for now, just let me know when your president finally destroys all small businesses with Obamacare while letting big pharma and insurance companies keep all their leverage and power.

Apparently the new word for deceiving, manipulative, lying, business as usual as***** is "far from perfect". Since you're st on staying there for now, just let me know when your president finally destroys all small businesses with Obamacare while letting big pharma and insurance companies keep all their leverage and power.

Small businesses will be among the greatest beneficiaries of health care reform in the US.

It's happening right now, though the Peronists...er, Republicans...continue to do everything possible to obstruct progress.

Sure. Because democracy is all about supporting what Obama I wants unconditionally. If you think about what's going on, the crisis that will hit the freaking police state that Obama has not only failed to stop. He has made it progress faster. Rack up in 4 years more debt than Bush did in 8. In the meantime "progressives" and so called intellectuals think he's cool because he claims to be the exact opposite of... how did you put it.... the buffoon? In reality Obama is none of which you claim him to be, Why can't you realize that?

Now if you wish to show me what sort of REAL healthcare reform the Republicans are blocking I will then shut up. In the meantime sir, I suggest you show some evidence since you claim to be so fond of it,

A friend from childhood is a senior advisor on his staff and I know she doesn't have a drop of malice in her body but Obama has created a whole lot of cognitive dissonance with the sly bait and switch on a number of issues. In 2007 he said he would mandate labeling for GMO foods. Instead his administration has approved more GMO crops without longterm studies and then the Prez signed the 'Monsanto Protection Act' this year. Still no labels -- even California couldn't get Prop 37 passed when up against the deep pockets of the corporate opposition.

He also said that the DEA would leave medical marijuana alone and 'focus on more important issues' then in July they raided dispensaries in Washington (some of which had already been raided in 2011 with no charges ever filed). These are just a couple of things, not too mention the more serious human rights issues and spying. I hoped that after being elected for a second term he would let loose and follow through on his promises.

Getting back to the OP's question. There is more culture here than Chile, and if you have fair skin and blue eyes you won't stick out here (Argentina has the world's fifth largest population among the Irish diaspora for example.) Not sticking out like a sore thumb really makes a difference in the day-to-day life longterm. Also Chileans are more machista than Argentines in my experience.

OK,OK, gents! Please shade some light on _why you guys chose_ Bs As or the nation of Argentina against other nation of central~south america. Why is Bs As so popular with the expats gringos in comparison to other contries? There are others such as : Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Peru, Ecuador to name a few..But you guys/gals loves Bs As very much, why...?

OK,OK, gents! Please shade some light on _why you guys chose_ Bs As or the nation of Argentina against other nation of central~south america. Why is Bs As so popular with the expats gringos in comparison to other contries? There are others such as : Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Peru, Ecuador to name a few..But you guys/gals loves Bs As very much, why...?

Because it's totally insane. It's a little bit of everything. The city is very nice. I'm a big city rat, I couldn't picture myself in a city like Santiago or Montevideo. I don't understand Brazilians (I'm not referring to portuguese). Colombia seemed to dangerous, Venezuela is in ruins.... Ecuador is also to small. The only other option woulde have been Lima I guess but I loved Bs. As. since I came here for a few days years ago.

Back