Is the expat party coming to an end?

Paul Pelosi is not a Politician, and the vast majority of his wealth is in real estate, although he also owned a football team at one time. Not sure exactly how either can be due to "insider information", but, if he broke the law, by all means, he should be prosecuted. However, my guess is the evidence is of Newsmax level provability.

And Joe Biden's dad was a used car salesman.

I dont see how either case proves that all politicians are rich, or that its due to corruption.

In mid-2021, it was reported that Paul Pelosi, husband of Nancy Pelosi, Speaker of the House of Representatives, was involved in a potential insider trading scandal. This involved the purchase of call options on Alphabet Inc., the parent company of Google, for substantial amounts in the weeks leading up to the passage of antitrust legislation targeting big tech companies. The timing of these transactions led to speculation about whether he had access to non-public information about the upcoming legislation, as the stock price of Alphabet Inc. began to rise shortly after the public release of the draft legislation.
Paul Pelosi purchased the call options on Alphabet Inc. in December 2020, several months before the draft bill was publicly released. Specifically, he bought these options between $500,000 and $1 million. Then, just a few days after the draft legislation became public, on March 5, 2021, he exercised these options, buying 4,000 shares at a strike price of $1,400 per share. This sequence of events raised questions about whether he had advance knowledge of the draft legislation and its potential effects on Alphabet's stock price.

The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has begun an investigation into Mr. Pelosi's stock trades to determine whether insider trading occurred. Insider trading is illegal under U.S. securities law, and if found guilty, he could face serious legal and financial consequences, including fines and criminal charges. It's important to note that the investigation is ongoing, and no conclusive evidence has been presented publicly that definitively proves insider trading.

In mid-2021, it was reported that Paul Pelosi, husband of Nancy Pelosi, Speaker of the House of Representatives, was involved in a potential insider trading scandal. This involved the purchase of call options on Alphabet Inc., the parent company of Google, for substantial amounts in the weeks leading up to the passage of antitrust legislation targeting big tech companies. The timing of these transactions led to speculation about whether he had access to non-public information about the upcoming legislation, as the stock price of Alphabet Inc. began to rise shortly after the public release of the draft legislation.
Paul Pelosi purchased the call options on Alphabet Inc. in December 2020, several months before the draft bill was publicly released. Specifically, he bought these options between $500,000 and $1 million. Then, just a few days after the draft legislation became public, on March 5, 2021, he exercised these options, buying 4,000 shares at a strike price of $1,400 per share. This sequence of events raised questions about whether he had advance knowledge of the draft legislation and its potential effects on Alphabet's stock price.

The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has begun an investigation into Mr. Pelosi's stock trades to determine whether insider trading occurred. Insider trading is illegal under U.S. securities law, and if found guilty, he could face serious legal and financial consequences, including fines and criminal charges. It's important to note that the investigation is ongoing, and no conclusive evidence has been presented publicly that definitively proves insider trading.
again, if there is sufficient evidence, the SEC should punish him... except right now the Supreme Court is hearing a case by another rich guy who is not a poltician who was punished by the SEC, and the majority of conservative justices seem to be leaning in the direction that the SEC has no legal power to regulate securities fraud. If the current case rules in favor of the conservatives, there will essentially be zero oversight for this kind of thing- federal prosecutors are busy sending people to jail for marijuana, and have indicated they are way behind in actual violent criminal cases, and will never have time or expertise for stuff like this.
So, most likely, even clear cases of insider trading, under Trump judges, are going to go unpunished.

again, if there is sufficient evidence, the SEC should punish him... except right now the Supreme Court is hearing a case by another rich guy who is not a poltician who was punished by the SEC, and the majority of conservative justices seem to be leaning in the direction that the SEC has no legal power to regulate securities fraud. If the current case rules in favor of the conservatives, there will essentially be zero oversight for this kind of thing- federal prosecutors are busy sending people to jail for marijuana, and have indicated they are way behind in actual violent criminal cases, and will never have time or expertise for stuff like this.
So, most likely, even clear cases of insider trading, under Trump judges, are going to go unpunished.
What’s the purpose of the SEC if they’re so toothless for such cases? Genuine question

I accidentally omitted this. Pelosi exercised his call options on March 5, 2021, buying 4,000 shares at $1,400 each, then sold these shares 1 week later, making him over $5 million. This substantial profit, in conjunction with the timing of his purchase of the call options and the release of the draft antitrust legislation targeting big tech companies, has been a key factor in the scrutiny and allegations of insider trading against him

Paul Pelosi is not a Politician, and the vast majority of his wealth is in real estate, although he also owned a football team at one time. Not sure exactly how either can be due to "insider information", but, if he broke the law, by all means, he should be prosecuted. However, my guess is the evidence is of Newsmax level provability.

I dont see how either case proves that all politicians are rich, or that its due to corruption.

The expat party will end soon as prices go through the roof in us dollars and social problems and unrest become the norm . The energy in the city is not so positive the last days as people now realise this is going to be brutal . The comments from the government regarding governing by decretos said in a authoritarian fashion certainly do not show a government that works for common solutions .

I accidentally omitted this. Pelosi exercised his call options on March 5, 2021, buying 4,000 shares at $1,400 each, then sold these shares 1 week later, making him over $5 million. This substantial profit, in conjunction with the timing of his purchase of the call options and the release of the draft antitrust legislation targeting big tech companies, has been a key factor in the scrutiny and allegations of insider trading against him
If it looks like a skunk, acts like a skunk and smells like a skunk........HELLO.

In 1973 I lived in Wilmington, De. One day I stopped by a condo sales office in that city and looked at pre-construction condo offerings. The salesman, a pleasant guy, made his spiel but I passed on the deal as it had a slight taint. When I started to leave he said "my son is your senator". It was joe biden's dad. I quickly left. Looking back, I really wonder what that comment implied.
I was wondering where this all started... Given that this was for the small stakes of selling a pre- construction condo, are you implying he was threatening you?

(Having met a few fathers over the years; I would guess he was bragging 😆...)

politicians on both sides run rampant with insider trading.

if you want to see all the stats, have a read. it is pretty much guaranteed to piss you off.

I was wondering where this all started... Given that this was for the small stakes of selling a pre- construction condo, are you implying he was threatening you?

(Having met a few fathers over the years; I would guess he was bragging 😆...)
Hardly a threat but following the corruption of the biden family it could have been a quid pro quo. I'll never know.

He sold cars for a while but he also held executive positions. He apparently experienced some business reversals but the family was never poor.

Back