just another lovestruck foreigner

foxsf

Registered
Hola a Todos!
As happens oh so often during a visit to this beautiful country, I'm an American citizen on vacation and hoping to find work that will allow me to stay. I know, I know...worsening economy, crazy inflation, high local unemployment but Buenos Aires has claimed a place in my heart and I'm hoping to spend more time here. I'm in a similar position to many young travellers...nascent local contact network, limited Castellano, and of course no DNI. Please see my work history below...truly I'd just like to find any job that will allow me to live in BsAs while I build a network of contacts. I greatly appreciate any advice!

I am a native English speaker from California and most of my work experience has been as a project coordinator in the US alternative energy sector. Prior to moving to Buenos Aires, I worked as a utility coordinator managing the process of grid interconnection of residential solar systems. In this position I was responsible for dozens of individual client projects with strict timelines. I proactively maintained communication channels with and between clients, utility staff, internal finance staff, construction personnel, outside contractors, and whoever else necessary to get the project completed on time.

My sales experience includes top salesman awards for selling sailing club memberships and fractional yacht ownerships. In this position I developed strong client relationship and communication skills. Most importantly I learned to calm customer anxiety, ensure customer satisfaction, and close sales contracts worth over $10,000USD each.

About Me: I am 25yr old professional with a bachelor's degree in International Relations from San Francisco State University in California. I am highly energetic and consider myself an avid sailor, cyclist, hiker, and general outdoor adventurist. Currently I am living in Buenos Aires and I would love to find a great company that will allow me to stay indefinitely. Mi castellano no es perfecto pero yo puedo communicar bien.

Muchas gracias por cualquier consejo!

Maybe I missed it, but...

Are you a BOY or a GIRL?

You might find it unusual, but companies get pretty specific about the sex/age/appearance of the person that they are interested in hiring.

Napoleon said:

Are you a BOY or a GIRL?

You might find it unusual, but companies get pretty specific about the sex/age/appearance of the person that they are interested in hiring.

Haha I am 25/M/tall, slender, athletic, fairly good looking in my modest opinion :) I figured that appearance was important here and my pdf cover letter has a picture at the top. Thanks for confirming!

Especially if you want to work in sales...

Napoleon said:

Are you a BOY or a GIRL?

Has to be a guy..I dont have any stats but how many female expats move here, fall madly in love with a local and stay...in all my experience I havent yet met one girl who didnt leave the relationship and country...worth a database study no?

fifs2 said:
Has to be a guy..I dont have any stats but how many female expats move here, fall madly in love with a local and stay...in all my experience I havent yet met one girl who didnt leave the relationship and country...worth a database study no?

In my family (my relatives in the States + me), we frequently joke about women who came to Argentine for _________, and then "fell in love with tango, and stayed".

That's our guess with this girl-

n567077537_1264872_8724.jpg

Her name just doesn't sound Argentine.

She's a portena. There are lots of Goldfarbs and Goldsteins and Feinsteins and Cohens running around this city.

Napoleon said:
In my family (my relatives in the States + me), we frequently joke about women who came to Argentine for _________, and then "fell in love with tango, and stayed".

That's our guess with this girl-

Her name just doesn't sound Argentine.

She is in fact argentinian and in fact there´s nothing unusual about her name for an argentine. Zully is a relatively normal name for a girl and her last name as you may have already learnt while in here is not odd at all either, not the last name per se but the fact that is not italian or spanish.
just my 2 cents :cool:

lol if anything Goldfarb is a very common name here --

I was just looking for a dr.... these are all Argentines but I guess according to some their names aren't??

Dr Schachman
Dr Falke
Dr Goldfarb
Dr Cohen
Dr Guzman

I know there's an abundance of Italian/Spanish names here, but as in any other nation there's a lot of names that don't "sound" like they belong.

Back