just another lovestruck foreigner

steveinbsas said:
Not for you when the supermarket shelves in BA are bare, the ATMs are shut down, and I am sharing my rice and beans with my neighbors.:p

Those mormon years in Park City have got you store cupboard mad! Wearing the underwear too by chance...:p

fifs2 said:
Those mormon years in Park City have got you store cupboard mad! Wearing the underwear too by chance...:p

Not the slighest (they're called garments).:D

Those weren't Mormon years in Park City.;)

steveinbsas said:
Not.:D

Those weren't Mormon years in Park City.;)

Steve had lots of wives in Park City...

...they were just not his wives. :eek:

Napoleon said:
Steve had lots of wives in Park City...

...they were just not his wives.

That's ex-wives, to be precise.:D

(Nothing else ever quite compared to a recently divorced Mormon gal with 30 years of repression under her belt (once she's shed the garments) lookin' for a good time in Park City.);)

Most of them eventually returned to the flock, just like most BAexpats eventually return home.:rolleyes:

What appears to be love at first sight is usually just a passing attraction.:(

MatiArg said:
Hahaha let me enlighten you peeps. My mothers name is Amelia ZULEMA. We call her Zully and she was born in Rio Cuarto, Provincia de Cordoba.

I was so close!

Napoleon said:
-Oy Caramba!!

When my ex set up an appointment for me with Dr. Finklestein, because she wasn't a big fan of her other doctor (Dr. Katz), I chuckled at the similarities of the parallel universes.

Originally Posted by jazrgz
She is in fact argentinian and in fact there´s nothing unusual about her name for an argentine. Zully is a relatively normal name for a girl and her last name as you may have already learnt while in here is not odd at all either, not the last name per se but the fact that is not italian or spanish.
just my 2 cents

"Zully"??? "ZULLY"???? "Zully" is a "relatively normal name for a girl"? Where?!? And in what century? :eek:

"Maria" is a common name for a girl. "Florencia" (and "Flor", "Floppy", "Flopy") is a common name for a girl. "Laura"/"Lau", "Maria Jose"/"Majo", "Mercedes"/"Mer", "Veronica"/"Vero", "Agustina"/"Agus", "Ana"/"Anita", "Carla"/"Carolina"/"Cristina"/"Catarina", and "Cecilia"/"Ceci" are all common names for girls.

But "ZULLY" isn't even close to being a "common" name.

Originally Posted by syngirl
lol if anything Goldfarb is a very common name here --

I was just looking for a dr.... these are all Argentines but I guess according to some their names aren't??

Dr Schachman
Dr Falke
Dr Goldfarb
Dr Cohen
Dr Guzman

I know there's an abundance of Italian/Spanish names here, but as in any other nation there's a lot of names that don't "sound" like they belong.

I'm familiar with the immigration patterns of this country and this city in particular. I spout them out 2 to 5 times a week.

But "Zully" before a name like "Goldfarb" rather than "Elisa", "Daniela", "Eugenia"/"Euge", "Fabiana"/"Fabi", "Estefania"/"Stef...", "Gabriela"/"Gabi", "Justina", "Julia", or "Paula"/"Pau"...

No... no me jodas.

:p

Originally Posted by Napoleon
-Oy Caramba!!

No... no me jodas

That's a "cliche" utilized in Yankees cartoons probably quoting Mexicans, this terminology isn't used at least not in this country. How many people did you listen to use that phrase "Ay!, caramba!" here in Argentina?...none!

About Zully girls name, Zulema diminutive of that name is Zully and yes lately it's not a very popular girls name but it was a well known name of Argentine actress Zully Moreno in the 1940s and 1950s...

220px-Zully_moreno.jpg

Zully Moreno
Born: Zulema Esther Gonzalez, 17 October 1920
Villa Ballester, Buenos Aires Province, Argentina
Died: 25 December 1999
Years active: 1938 - 1960

...also former president Menem's daughter name is...yes, you guessed it right, Zulema or Zulemita or could be very well Zully but not utilized in her case.

...and No!...no te jodo!

MatiArg said:
Hahaha let me enlighten you peeps. My mothers name is Amelia ZULEMA. We call her Zully and she was born in Rio Cuarto, Provincia de Cordoba.

here is a link to a famous Zully

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zully_Moreno

I found that link. Combining the "Zulema" with the "Esther", I kind of thought that there was a good possibility that she lit the menorah.

But one person does not make a name "common".

Lucas said:
That's a "cliche" utilized in Yankees cartoons probably quoting Mexicans, this terminology isn't used at least not in this country. How many people did you listen to use that phrase "Ay!, caramba!" here in Argentina?...none!

I use "Ay Caramba!" all the effing time, so there's ONE person who says it here. And as far as some are concerned, ONE INSTANCE is enough to make something "common".

Plus, I didn't say "Ay Caramba", I said "Oy Caramba!" And by not noticing the difference, I'm betting that you never played "Hide the afikoman" with Zully Goldfarb.

Come back to the thread when you know the difference.

Back to you MatiArg... cool beans! You used her LAST name for a nickname. Kind of like my Uncle Smitty. His last name was "Smith". That being said, it's completely different than calling someone "Smitty Goldfarb".

Napoleon said:
I use "Ay Caramba!" all the effing time, so there's ONE person who says it here. And as far as some are concerned, ONE INSTANCE is enough to make something "common".

Well, you are the one and only....."common", Not! :D

Napoleon said:
Plus, I didn't say "Ay Caramba", I say "Oy Caramba!" And by not noticing the difference, I'm betting that you never played "Hide the afikoman" with Zully Goldfarb.

When your Spanish sayings come out with a Hebrew undertone

Oy caramba! I cant get this shit done

Dude, your starting to speak spangjew

Napoleon said:
Come back to the thread when you know the difference.

I'm back....and, "I'll be back" later on too :p

Napoleon said:
Plus, I didn't say "Ay Caramba", I said "Oy Caramba!" And by not noticing the difference, I'm betting that you never played "Hide the afikoman" with Zully Goldfarb.

LOL I saw the Oy Caramba and loved it -- but I was always the shiksa girlfriend until I moved down here (and ended up with a very lapsed catholic)

Back