Monthly Book Club Meeting

Giving this a bump. Hope to see everyone Wednesday the 30th. if you need more info. Send me a pm. As always please confirm attendance here. Haven't heard from the regulars!

Giving this a bump. Hope to see everyone Wednesday the 30th. if you need more info. Send me a pm. As always please confirm attendance here. Haven't heard from the regulars!

Thanks again for hosting these meetings. We shall be coming, see you on Wednesday.

Great. Bring your iPad, if you have one.Mine has died! Anyone else please PM me to let me know! Thanks see you all Wednesday. Having some tech issues.

Hi, and sorry for the late reply. I just got back from Belize and I am flat out writing the report this week.
Really sorry that I cannot make it. Have a great meeting and hope to see you in August. Cheers, Sarah

Hello All,

Another great evening, great food, stimulating conversation, book club meeting! Thanks to dynamic BAexpat members that make this group the unique phenomena we call the BAexpat Book Club!

We have declared the book "Honor Bound", by W.E.B. Griffith to be our August book selection. Enclosed is a plot synopsis, but what it doesn't say is that the setting is predominantly Buenos Aires, and our readers will be amused at the many local references, even though it takes places in the 1940's! It is available on IBooks, Kindle, and Amazon.
"Honor Bound".(W.E.B.Griffith)
October 1942. At a secret rendezvous point off the coast of neutral Argentina, a small merchant ship delivers supplies to Nazi submarines and raiders. The OSS is determined to sabotage the operation by any means necessary. But one of the key saboteurs they've enlisted--a young U.S Marine--must fight his own private battle between duty and honor. Because he was chosen for a reason--to gain trust and support of his own flesh and blood. A powerful Argentinian called "el Coronel." The father he never knew... Honor Bound.
Although published more than a decade ago, the book has received a rating of more that 4 out of 5 stars by readers. The genre would be considered Historical fiction/ suspense mystery. Thanks to GS Dirtboy for the recommendation. This book will be discussed at our August meeting on Wednesday, August 25. All are welcome with advance notice! (space is limited). Any comments or questions, here's the place to post! Until then, "que le pases bien!"

Just another bump--there is so much going on in the world that notices regarding our little old respite from chaos aka "the Book club" gets lost among the chaos! To reiterate, August Book selection: "Honor Bound"(W.E.B.Griffith). Historical fiction set in WW2 Argentina! It's a long book so we should start reading. Widely available as an e book. Please post a comment to support the book club allowing this post to stay active long enough for those interested to get the book and start reading! My sincere thanks to the group for choosing the august book!

please check this fascinating book series

http://www.webgriffin.com/books_HonorBound.html

HonorBound240.jpg

thanks Rich, for providing the book club (as always)with such illustrative info! And thanks GSDirtboy, for the book selection.

If you folks are looking for a place to meet, I would be happy to host your group at Big Apple (Viamonte 1141) www.bigapplebuenosaires.com

My name is Jack Brooker and I´m the GM and a native New Yorker, Feel free to contact me directly at 4372-2407 or [email protected]

Hope to hear from you. We love having ex pat events like this at our place!

All the best!

Mr. Brooker,

I have walked past your establishment several times. Just checked your menu and it says, "Pizza." If you tell me you have pizza I'm not interested. If you tell me you have New York-style pizza then I'm very interested. :)

Back