New Dollar Restrictions

Rich One said:
Not sure I understand your idea. You go to the Exchange Place in Chile and at the counter you ask for les say US$1000 and you pay with What Currency:confused:
Chilean pesos, Argie Pesos. If you have Dollars need NOT Travel:D

Here is how it works at TODAY's echange rates if you go to Chile with Argie pesos as most Argies do and leave no record and can buy as much as they want.
*sigh*

I buy $US in Chile with my foreign credit card... which I can't do in Argentina, in case you've forgotten.

El chabon said:
Que pesado :)

1: fly to Chile
2: go to atm and withdraw as much pesos as you need
3: change peso chilenos to dollars
4: fly to BA

I am pretty sure step 2 can be

2: go to a local bank withdraw straight in dolares

In chile you pay less taxes if you pay your hotel bill in dolares so I
Am sure it can't be hard to use local bank as a Casa de
Cambio
Yes. Extremely simple to do in Santiago. I am certain some are already doing this.

bomber said:
Yes. Extremely simple to do in Santiago. I am certain some are already doing this.

Anyone who got dollars abroad, needs pesos in Argentina and want to check out Santiago will do it if they are in the right mind, the dollar thing makes travelling free or a lot cheaper.

This is by the way not only that way for Santiago but almost every destination

Yeah, I might be able to fund more return visits to BA while this lasts. ;)

Ecuador, El Salvatore and Panama all use USDs as the main currency. Take a little trip.

Or one could just take a trip over to Uruguay and get dollars there- lot quicker and easier.

That being said, the blue rate is getting lower and fares (at least air fares) to the destinations mentioned aren't cheap. Don't forget to add in the $130 entrance fee to Chile if you are from the US into your costs.

Doesn't seem all that financially beneficial if you ask me.

citygirl said:
Or one could just take a trip over to Uruguay and get dollars there- lot quicker and easier.

That being said, the blue rate is getting lower and fares (at least air fares) to the destinations mentioned aren't cheap. Don't forget to add in the $130 entrance fee to Chile if you are from the US into your costs.

CityGirl, Agree with you nothing can beat the $215`peso day-RT ticket to Colonia with Seacat...!!!!
The run to Santiago including taxis, entrance fee, airfare, hotel?, food, misc. amounts to a minimum of USD$600 .Most Cheap air fares require a Saturday night stay...!!
Figure it out , need a a minimum $2000 dollar extraction to Break Even:cool:

Rich One said:
CityGirl, Agree with you nothing can beat the $215`peso day-RT ticket to Colonia with Seacat...!!!!
The run to Santiago including taxis, entrance fee, airfare, hotel?, food, misc. amounts to a minimum of USD$600 .Most Cheap air fares require a Saturday night stay...!!
Figure it out , need a a minimum $2000 dollar extraction to Break Even:cool:

I am guessing most expats spend more then 700 dollar a month.

citygirl said:

Who cares, would go either way, now its cheaper then last year. I need dollars and the easiest way is to go abroad and have to go out of the country every 90 days

Back