New Dollar Restrictions

Rich One said:
Not sure what you mean:confused:

2000 dollars is 700 dollar a month for a 90 day visa. If one of your purposes to fly to Chili(or anyother country for that matter) is to get dollars and you have the funds you bring more cash and thus making your trip cheaper or even for free

citygirl said:
Or one could just take a trip over to Uruguay and get dollars there- lot quicker and easier.

That being said, the blue rate is getting lower and fares (at least air fares) to the destinations mentioned aren't cheap. Don't forget to add in the $130 entrance fee to Chile if you are from the US into your costs.

Doesn't seem all that financially beneficial if you ask me.

If I don't have any dollars/euro's in Argentina, not somebody come over and not expect to fly back to Europe I would need about 7500 dollar for 3 months

7500 dollar at blackmarket rate = 45000 peso
Taking out 7500 dollar at ATM = 33750 peso
Difference = 11250 peso or 2500 dollar

Ticket me and girlriend = 2 x 300 = 600 dollar
Hotel 3 nights = 3 x 150 dollar = 450 dollar
fun money = 4 days x 100 dollat = 400 dollar

Total 1500 dollar

I could offcourse fly on my own, go to a shit hotel and spend there 1 night only then it would probally cost something like 500 dollar

I take my chances

Rich One said:
CityGirl, Agree with you nothing can beat the $215`peso day-RT ticket to Colonia with Seacat...!!!!
The run to Santiago including taxis, entrance fee, airfare, hotel?, food, misc. amounts to a minimum of USD$600 .Most Cheap air fares require a Saturday night stay...!!
Figure it out , need a a minimum $2000 dollar extraction to Break Even:cool:
Nope, you can stay in Santiago one night only and on the right day flight still costs the same, there's a reliable cheap shuttle from the airport, and hostel will cost about $15 max. And so long as you're not from US, no extra cost apart from food (which you also need to buy in Uruguay). So either would work for around the same cost give or take a little.

Added benefit of Santiago, you can also buy anything else you need (eg. electronics, clothing ...etc) for a decent price rather than the rip off prices in BA at present. Even camping gear, I saw one person Doite tents selling for double the price they cost new in Chile on Mercardolibre, so you could probably purchase some other items either for yourself or to sell if you really wanted to.

And Santiago is more interesting then Colonia as well. I personally think MVD is quite interesting but always to bring my girl over to Santiago so its good moment for me to do. Surely a lot cheaper then in 2011

Anybody bought stuff in Chile to sell for a profit?

I don't know but I am guessing it will be hard to withdraw a big amount in dollars in Colonia, I expect I don't have that problem in Santiago(or MVD) and espcially not if I stay the weekend, which I want to do either way.

Stay a weekend in Colonia and I probally commit suicide

El chabon said:
And Santiago is more interesting then Colonia as well. I personally think MVD is quite interesting but always to bring my girl over to Santiago so its good moment for me to do. Surely a lot cheaper then in 2011

I found MVD about as interesting as Liverpool on a wet Wednesday afternoon !

solerboy said:
I found MVD about as interesting as Liverpool on a wet Wednesday afternoon !

Too bad for you then, good party on the weekends, especially in the summer time there is a lot of party near the beach :)

El chabon said:
Too bad for you then, good party on the weekends, especially in the summer time there is a lot of party near the beach :)

Maybe I went at the wrong time, I went the first weekend of March. All of the restaurants around the old town area were empty.

We also went to the beach and at least there was plenty of space to sit.

We spoke to a taxi driver who told us, the people go to the counrty or the coast at weekend.

We were very glad to get back to Buenos Aires.

Back