New Dollar Restrictions

why is everyone going to uru and chi to get money out of atm machines when that guy expatriado had a connection to get dollars right here in BsAs

El chabon said:
If I don't have any dollars/euro's in Argentina, not somebody come over and not expect to fly back to Europe I would need about 7500 dollar for 3 months

7500 dollar at blackmarket rate = 45000 peso
Taking out 7500 dollar at ATM = 33750 peso
Difference = 11250 peso or 2500 dollar

Ticket me and girlriend = 2 x 300 = 600 dollar
Hotel 3 nights = 3 x 150 dollar = 450 dollar
fun money = 4 days x 100 dollat = 400 dollar

Total 1500 dollar

I could offcourse fly on my own, go to a shit hotel and spend there 1 night only then it would probally cost something like 500 dollar

I take my chances

Agree with you ...!! however the difference of 11250 pesos needs to be converted to Dollars at the Black Market rate generating a difference of only $1875 ..?? instead of $2500 dollars...!! Unless you can buy dollars at Oficial Rate...??
cheers

fuccolini said:
why is everyone going to uru and chi to get money out of atm machines when that guy expatriado had a connection to get dollars right here in BsAs

I think most of these trips are desk based !

fuccolini said:

Probally because they don't trust the guy, if you go abroad it's depending on you and most with no residence have to go every 90 days either way

Rich One said:
Agree with you ...!! however the difference of 11250 pesos needs to be converted to Dollars at the Black Market rate generating a profit of only $1875 ..?? instead of $2500 dollars...!! Unless you can buy dollars at Oficial Rate...??
cheers

If I don't go abroad and take peso's out of the atm 7500 dollar will cost me 7500 dollar
If I go abroad and come back with 7500 dollar I will get 45000 peso

To get 45000 peso out of the ATM i will need 10000 dollar, so roughly my profit is 2500 dollar

El chabon said:
Probally because they don't trust the guy, if you go abroad it's depending on you and most with no residence have to go every 90 days either way

ok, i can see that.. bit of a trip to the atm though. but if you're going anyway...

fuccolini said:
ok, i can see that.. bit of a trip to the atm though. but if you're going anyway...

You need to go either way, Colonia would be the cheapest but I can see you getting problems getting the right amount of dollars if you dont want to spend time there. MVD and SCL would be a bit more expensive but also more interesting and easier to get the funds.

I am also sure your chances of your visa getting rejected are the biggest in Colonia, most expats use that route

El chabon said:
You need to go either way, Colonia would be the cheapest but I can see you getting problems getting the right amount of dollars if you dont want to spend time there. MVD and SCL would be a bit more expensive but also more interesting and easier to get the funds.

I am also sure your chances of your visa getting rejected are the biggest in Colonia, most expats use that route

they aren't rejecting tourist visas for the cross border 90 day run are they?

fuccolini said:
they aren't rejecting tourist visas for the cross border 90 day run are they?

But as far as I know they are sometimes handing out 7-30 days visas and last warnings. It happend to me and don't intent to do a day trip to Colonia. If it will ever be inforced it will start in Colonia, guessing 95% of perm tourist go there

Back