Robbed In Epuyen, Theives Caught Then Released, Even Though

Horrible. Seems like some connection between the judge and the thugs, though in general judges seem to be easy in Argentina.
Verry sorry this happened to you.

Theres more to it than that, I saw tracks in the empty lot next to us for months, told police, talked to neighbors, they were doing surveillance for over 3 months.

The empty lot next to us was bought by an English teacher at the local school, I saw her with one of the men who robbed us. She was showing them where to cut paths in her lot, they looked like escape routes to me, looking back at it now in retrospect. And other things seem to point to some very unusual circumstances. My experience would lead me to believe a very large, very well cordinated group with lots of connections pulled this off.

Once we were robbed I tracked the individuals to the place where they got into the get away car, Police refused to talk to the people there.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience.

Unfortunately here in Bariloche we read about this sort of thing all the time; someone will be captured by the police (having robbed a house, a person or caused an accident drink driving) and be released by the judge a few hours later. The articles usually say "personas muy conocidas en el ámbito del delito" or "Identifican a reconocidos delincuentes" but nothing ever happens. The judges name may be release but never the name of the "delincuente" except sometimes the surname "Bonefoi" which is "muy, muy conocida en el ámbito del delito" !!!

I'm sorry your wife and child had this horrible experience. Try to find a good councilor for them to talk to. If you need a recommendation I know someone that I think would be good for them and and talk with them by Skype.
Nancy

Was it an inside job. I mean, did someone you know give them information? How did they know about the land?

Anyway, shocking story and another example of failed justice in this country. Saddening and maddening. I hope your family are ok after the ordeal.

Sorry to hear that, I've been burglarized before and it was a horrible feeling, can't imagine the additional pain of having your loved ones in harms way. Go to the websites of infobae, clarin, lanacion, etc find out who the writers are and then search them out on twitter and tweet them the link of the story.

Terrible. One can see how "justicia por mano propia" is the only thing criminals fear since the official justice system is so often dysfunctional.

So I wonder why this judge or juez José Oscar Colabelli in Chubut let those dangerous criminals go? Is he possibly corrupt? Or is he be part of the organized crime? Incompetent? Senile?

juez-colabelli-750x350.jpg

Terrible. One can see how "justicia por mano propia" is the only thing criminals fear since the official justice system is so often dysfunctional.
When it comes down to defend your life and the lifes of your loved ones, justice has nothing to do with it, it becomes a matter of survival plain and simple

Back