Robbed In Epuyen, Theives Caught Then Released, Even Though

I told the story about when we were getting robbed by an ex-employee several times over a 2 month period a few years ago. He was camping out behind our property and then would break in. At one point, we discovered the campsite along with some of our stolen property. We literally brought the police to the site, showed it to them, told them his name, etc. They a) refused to recover the property and B) told us we couldn't touch it. (Because lots of homeless people have concrete mixers, saws, water dispensers and kitchen utensils, clothing, etc ) Anyway, they told us they would "watch the site like a hawk" and "wait for him to come back to question him". 5 minutes later they left. A few hours later, we took all of our stuff back. When they stopped back the next day, they told us they had been watching it the entire time. Um..no.

They never bothered to question him, let alone arrest him. He went out to rob multiple other properties around here. He finally stopped b/c he had a run in with someone and got shot while setting his father's car on fire after an argument. Last I heard, he got out after just a month or so. (And this was with with an EXTENSIVE prior record).

Criminal justice system here is a joke.

So sorry about your breakin. I know the feeling - it's just absolutely awful. All the good thoughts to you.

The guy who gave the home invasion thugs info worked for me a few days, he had lots of questions and was very lazy. I let him work for 3 days then told him not to come back. The police went to one of his homes, but he has 3 on his property and one is used solely for storage. I think some of our stuff is somewhere nearby, but the police refuse to question the people who cut escape routes for them on an empty lot next to us, not the people who said they sold the lot and we found out they are lying.

A group of four people robbed my mother in law here in Villa about a month ago. They didn't have a gun, but it doesn't really matter they were threatening her with violence anyway. She rents out rooms to tourists and they told her that they had been "told" she had a lot of money in the house. She rents out through Airbnb so no, she didn't.
Luckily, I guess, she had 40 euro to give them so that they would go away...

They took her iPad and computer. When the iPad showed up in Cipoleti, on findmyiPhone, later she informed the police and they did, wait for it..., nothing.

She is a tough cookie though. Once she out-sailed pirates on the high seas, for real.

Obviously I am not privvy to the finer details, but it seems like the police are either completely feckless or are taking some kind of cut from the criminal activities. Maybe both.

Any kind of robbery is a violation, but I think I could move past having my car windows smashed for a wallet for example. Its the violence and terror they subject the victims to that really grinds me. I know a 50+ woman in my neighbourhood who was entering her house when two guys grabbed her an pushed her in, while one kept watch. They took anything valuable as she sat in the corner. For some reason (and this is what I can never understand) they beat her to a pulp before leaving for no reason. It turns what is alreayd a lamentable thing to do into something that is disgusting and inhumane.

I am someone who knows how to handle myself relatively. I have been around and had enough scrapes, but I can't imagine the fear of someone so much more vulnerable than the attacker being in that situation. My thoughts definately go to the forum member's wife for having to go through what is a life changing experience.

I know there are worse places and shit can happen anywhere (bla bla bla), but this country shocks me on an almost daily basis.

An Argentine friend who has lived many years in the US and lost two siblings to the dictatorship put it to me this way when talking about a home invasion she experienced not long ago during a visit, "not only do they rob you but the HdP's torture you on top of it." Needless to say this person has no love lost for her country.

It is not very surprising that in the "Martin Fierro" Argentina's epic poem by Jose Hernandez there is a famous line of advice
," Hacete amigo del juez"-------""become a friend of the judge"
and this was written about Argentina's countryside-"el campo" in 1872.
Sound familiar?

It is not very surprising that in the "Martin Fierro" Argentina's epic poem by Jose Hernandez there is a famous line of advice
," Hacete amigo del juez"-------""become a friend of the judge"
and this was written about Argentina's countryside-"el campo" in 1872.
Sound familiar?
Yes these judges are corrupt!

Nobody Special, man, I don't know what to say. Just read this thread and I am just amazed at what your family went through and what's going on with this. Sorry to hear about it and you and your family have my sympathies, though that's certainly of no actual help.

Thanks
Nobody Special, man, I don't know what to say. Just read this thread and I am just amazed at what your family went through and what's going on with this. Sorry to hear about it and you and your family have my sympathies, though that's certainly of no actual help.
Thanks, its more than we got from some of our neighbors and we were nice and kind to them. Not sure how I will act in the future, except I will be more reserved and I am starting to believe what an old gunny once told me. "everyone is your enemy" LOL

We have had some very odd developments in the case against the thieves.

When they first went to court we were originally told my wife would have to go to court to identify the thieves, then a day before their appearance the assistant Prosecutor called and said we didn't have to come. Odd we thought but we didnt go because the prosecutor said we didnt have to.

We left down there and came back so we could buy things we needed. We gave them our addresses and emails,

in fact I sent several emails to the police and prosecutors telling them they needed to investigate the English teacher, because I had tracked the thieves to her house where they first went then down the street to a waiting car. In addition to the tracks I followed to her house, I photo graphed them and sent copies, The police could have identified the men by their shoe impressions, it would have been even more evidence besides just us identifying them..

In addition to all the tracks going to the English teacher house, she was also seen several times on a lot next to us directing men on cutting paths. The same paths they used to assault and leave from our house, she planned everything, but she is influential, and knows the Government officials there, so nothing happened. No investigation.

Now the assistant attorney sent us a letter saying they are going to release another one of the thieves, because we didnt show up, said we left for the USA, which she knows is a lie. She had our address and numbers here in BA.

So all in all she is helping them, she told my wife she must have misunderstood, how does one get the facts and truth out there for people to see?

Typical, if you really want something done , you have to go with plan b ;) , either by bribing who needs to be bribed or......... fear works pretty good too, however if you go that way, remember to promise and then follow thru, or they'll know you're all bark and no bite....... most of the times it's better to put it behind you and move on, knowing full well that it is unfair and should not be that way, but that's the hand we are dealt and have to live with it. At the end of the day, it is your call and the consecuences that that brings. If it is any consolation , know that you're not alone in this or it is a one off unheard of...... many people go thru it....
Stay safe Pilgrim

Back