Robbed In La Boca Yesterday, No Access To Cctv?

I find that if I say I live in Olivos, people turn their noses up at me.
But if I say I live in La Lucila or Martinez, they instantly love me love and start calling me darling.
And if I say that I live the river side of Libertador, they want me to move in with them.
It's incredible really.
The worst thing I said once was that I lived in the Panamericana side of Martinez, which killed the conversation stone dead.

OK, cool. Now 'splain me what all this means, eh?

Oh
What does ' 'splain me' mean?

I'm doing the old man thing again. Years ago, Lucille Ball and her husband Dezi Arnez had a TV show involving low-brow comedy, and he would play up the Puerto Rican accent for laughs, saying "splain me, Lucy". It used to be a meme. I'm sorry.

Anyhow, I was asking what all that means.

Gotcha!
I'm being flippant, just that.
Read it again and then ask yourself what is the difference between Palermo Soho and Retiro.

A while back there was a humorous map of the city being passed around on facebook etc with all the "Palermos" listed. I couldn't find it, only a La Nacion article that apparently took it seriously that there is a Palermo Dead now (chacarita).

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/908266-palermo-el-megabarrio-porteno-que-no-deja-de-multiplicarse

But if I say I live in La Lucila or Martinez, they instantly love me and start calling me darling.
And if I say that I live the river side of Libertador, they want me to move in with them.
It's incredible really.
The worst thing I said once was that I lived in the Panamericana side of Martinez, which killed the conversation stone dead.

Gringoboy,

Not sure if having a huge cemetery or living so close to the Presidents residence throws shame on our humble working class neighborhood. Although when you mention Borges , they probably forgive us..........

A while back there was a humorous map of the city being passed around on facebook etc with all the "Palermos" listed. I couldn't find it, only a La Nacion article that apparently took it seriously that there is a Palermo Dead now (chacarita).

http://www.lanacion....e-multiplicarse
MAPA%2BPALERMO%2BPULENTA.jpg

There's also Palermo Bronx, Palermo Detroit, Palermo Madison, Palermo Venecia among others...

Perfect time for pepper spray.

1) You run.
2) Spray at them as you're running.
3) They either stop or run into pepper spray (their choice)
4) You get away and never make the mistake again.

Walking solo wasn't the best idea either.

Anytime you see teenagers in a bad part of town... ANYWHERE in the world!... walk the other way. Not just Argentina, but ANYWHERE!

But if I say I live in La Lucila or Martinez, they instantly love me and start calling me darling.
It's incredible really.
This is not funny. I live on Elortondo and have been confronted twice in the last two months. 2 years ago this was unthinkable.

Back