Sick n tired of verdulero cheats...

Celia said:
I just saw carrots today for 4.50.........by the way why is chicken 13 a kilo in my barrio, but online disco its 5.60 and at coto its 7.50???? They must just buy it at disco and resell it for double...
I suppose you are just being funny here... you know there are least 5 different classes of chicken at most supermarkets right?

nikad said:
I suppose you are just being funny here... you know there are least 5 different classes of chicken at most supermarkets right?

Ugh and I would never buy chicken from most of the supermarkets -- it's already been frozen at least once so unless you plan on cooking it in the next couple of days, you can't (or at least shouldnt) be putting it back into the freezer.

For chicken best to buy from one of the granja/polleria/butcher shops or, as we do, buy from a frigorifico. (We go to Chalin in Liniers about once every 2-3 months for all of our meat / poultry.) Otherwise I buy from the butcher but try at all costs to avoid buying meat from the supermarkets.

syngirl said:
Ugh and I would never buy chicken from most of the supermarkets -- it's already been frozen at least once so unless you plan on cooking it in the next couple of days, you can't (or at least shouldnt) be putting it back into the freezer.

For chicken best to buy from one of the granja/polleria/butcher shops or, as we do, buy from a frigorifico. (We go to Chalin in Liniers about once every 2-3 months for all of our meat / poultry.) Otherwise I buy from the butcher but try at all costs to avoid buying meat from the supermarkets.

I second that, furthermore there are "tricks" to make look a piece of meat with passed the expiration date to look "fresh" again (cleaning, cutting a bit, repacking. Those tricks are more or less used in any supermarket, in a small percentage of course). Head for a butcher shop where you can see what the actual rotation of the meat is (go for the turn-over).

That's years I don't buy meat in a supermarket.
I buy a top bife de chorizo (my butcher doesn't go to mercado central since he is north in the provincia) for 32$/kilo while at Jumbo a few days ago it was like +40$ for strange looking ones.

to the OP : Tenes que dar la cara! Somos en Argentina!

Or I would advise going North, "closer to civilization" : just about 45 kms away from Capital = Pilar, Del Viso, Campana, Zona Cazador (near the rio).

Here everybody knows you and you know everybody.

You don't lock your bicycle to go to the supermarket (keep an eye though).
I went to a shop I never went before a month ago to buy a small screw for my kind of rotating machine to cut the grass (forgot the name).
The guy spent 3 minutes looking for one, came back, I asked how much and he answered "nnaaaahhh ! te lo regalo".
Two days ago, I left my motorbike facing the same Remis for the remiseros to watch it at the local train station (I take the train to go to Centro = I arrive straight in Retiro). I usually always leave 5 or 6 pesos of propina but this time, it was another guy in charge.
When I came back I offered 6 pesos for a Brahma and the guy said "naahhh" too, so I promessed to bring a portion of the next dessert I'll cook, and everybody will be happy.

And about Bolivian verduleros (Fifs2 will tell me I speak again of my Bolivian verduleros, lol) I noticed once a difference of one thousand (1.000) percent when considering the same day the Jumbo price ! It was on a pack of fresh rucula (same size, looking better at the Bolivian shop) --> it was a damn cheap 1 peso here (that's really ultra cheap in fact and not representative... It's usually 3/3.5 at least) and was close to 10 pesos in Jumbo.

Leaving Capital to go live North would be a good thread subject since we are a few here (a few bikers included).

Let's not forget too this is a Latin country, and talk is very important (can indeed be frustrating when you stand in line with many people behind two person starting to talk & talk when one is just supposed to take the payment from the other).

Life is sometimes what you make it too

Furthermore you have it wrong Cabrera, the ones having the reputation of being "smelly" are the French, not the British :p.

A culture that gave birth to the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, a special kind of humor & to the Monty Pythons cannot be fundamentally bad.

French jurist said:
Furthermore you have it wrong Cabrera, the ones having the reputation of being "smelly" are the French, not the British :p.

I actually wanted to write the same thing, but then this stupid game would never end, so I decided against it. Not sure why people have to discriminate against one's nationality for stupid things like these...personally I don't find it too funny, but that's only my opinion, everybody is free to think the way they want to.

Uncle Dermot said:
I actually wanted to write the same thing, but then this stupid game would never end, so I decided against it. Not sure why people have to discriminate against one's nationality for stupid things like these...personally I don't find it too funny, but that's only my opinion, everybody is free to think the way they want to.

Se gli italiani pensano la stessa cosa!

French jurist said:
Se gli italiani pensano la stessa cosa!
About the French being the smelly ones in Europe? When people don't wash and only use fragrances to mask their body odour we call it "a French shower", but then my French friends call it "an English shower", so I am not sure how the English call it? Could it be "the Italian shower"??? :D:D:D

nikad said:
If it makes you feel any better, this is not something that happens just to expats...trust me, us Argentine get our share as well.

Sadly, I know this, which makes it worse and even more exhausting.

Tangerine, if you hate me so much why read 145 of my posts!!! Your remarks are very personal and mean, just the other day I posted about things I like here and many people responded. Yes maybe I get depressed living in Consti esp with a toddler and pregnant I can't get around to nicer areas. Get off my back!!!!!

Nikad, the chicken from our local butchers is the same as the one from Disco, maybe it's different in your barrio....

Back