Sick n tired of verdulero cheats...

There is a green gocer that never overcharges and is on Entre Rios and Humberto Primo a very big one but there are people standing on line most of the times and this place in Monserrat is really cheap.
Reina

Celia said:
Actually, its the verduleros from peru & bolivia who rip me off, the argentinian ones are ok...

The same happens to me I never go to them Iam tired of them.
Reina

rihornos said:
Hi Mini
The greengrocer where I buy is at Santiago del Estero and Carlos Calvo very near a kiosco. To make the sauce I put them to boil for a while with some sugar and if I want to thicken the sauce I add some gelatin and that´s all.
Reina

Excellent! If it's not too hot I'm going tomorrow!! :)

What a shame that expats are forced to go to such extremes to buy something as simple as vegetables. Overpricing like this is nothing less than IMMORAL. Despite what some people say, this sort of behavior does NOT go on everywhere in the world but it sure does in Argentina.

Thanks Sergio....I'm 8 months pregnant and I don't have time or energy to traipse around from place to place. It's a shame when a good verduleria changes hands and the new guys pull these stunts!

Yes but what can one expect from people without culture and living in very poor conditions, not an excuse but this is also inmoral I avoid them all the time specially Peruvians and Bolivians is a pitty b ut is true.

Going back to Celia anoher possibility is buying at Eki on San Juan and San José at 2 blocks away, 1st brand milk is cheap, sparkling water as well, vegetables are not cheap, cheeses are expensives but you have prices in front of you and you pay for what you buy, is clean with air conditioning and reliable.
greetings
Reina

This woman I go to often ripped me off yesterday with a smile....gave me a fair price for a whole watermelon, then charged me 10 extra for 2 apples, 3 onions and 4 carrots. She just couldn't resist making back the discount on the watermelon!! And I've known her years now.

These kind of things drive me mad, we don´t buy anymore at a verdulería on San José and Estados Unidos at a few steps from where I live for that reason I prefer to walk and go to another place even in winter I swear I won´t go anymore I can´t accept people laughing at my face and have in mind that Iam a local and speak very good Spanish, to make you feel better I can say they take advantage all the time but in case of expats is even worse and unaceptable.
greetings
Reina

sergio said:
What a shame that expats are forced to go to such extremes to buy something as simple as vegetables. Overpricing like this is nothing less than IMMORAL. Despite what some people say, this sort of behavior does NOT go on everywhere in the world but it sure does in Argentina.

It actually wears you down always being on guard to make sure you are not being ripped off.

mini said:
It actually wears you down always being on guard to make sure you are not being ripped off.
If it makes you feel any better, this is not something that happens just to expats...trust me, us Argentine get our share as well.

Back