The deal with Argentine men and their "girl" friends

In any case any adult can report them... blame this on these kids parents. I would not hesitate in reporting such situation if i learned about it.

...in fact a friend of a friend (15) dated a famous hollywood actor who was married with lots of kids.

Esslou: You fail at comprehending, I never said it was your fault, it is just that these things are accepted within certain social circles. And get over the American thing dude, if you do not want people mistaking your origin put a flog into your avatar or something!

This reminds me when i was 26, a 16 year old girl in the building i lived fell in love with me and kept flooding me with txt msgs and phone calls, until one day she confronted me very upset that i never replied to her and always tried to avoid her and would never go out with her. To not hurt her feelings i said 'porque tu padre me va a matar che'

Then nexy day she wrote that her father said it was fine so long as he could come with on the first date :S

luckily i moved pretty soon after that

Postmodernchild said:
I have to agree with Nikad here. Also it is more common to see young women with quite much older man but not the other way around... yet.:D

That´s because women and girls don´t want young boys because they are bad lovers.

Sometime ago a female friend of mine (17) told me she was tired about the teenagers, that she should date older guys, finally she said: what are you waiting for invite me for dinner? I am 17 years older.

Regards

Bajo_cero2 said:
Technically it is legal.
Under 12 is rape no matter what.
Over 12 it is rape only if there was an abuse regarding the lack of sexual experience of the victim or coercion, of course.

The law used to be different and they changed it because otherwise in the country side 40% of the marriage with children (famillies) were considered illegal what makes no sense.

Some puritan societies have moral issues regarding this and some other lterrible things like alcohol drinking by an adult. We don´t, and we drink a lot less alcohol than those who are prohibiting even to drink a beer on the street to an adult (NYC).
Regards

You know, you don't actually need to write all of this each time. I can just close my eyes and imagine the justifications and favorable comparisons to New York.

On a side note, there are many cases when parents ok their girls to date an older man, to then blackmail him and get some $ for notn sueing them...

well it seems I'm not out of my mind...the numbers adding up didn't make sense. Perhaps it's just culturally more acceptable here. Cheers.

nikad said:
On a side note, there are many cases when parents ok their girls to date an older man, to then blackmail him and get some $ for notn sueing them...

the example I mentioned at the 15th birthday party, the guy in his 30s was even less well off than the girl's family. As I recall, he'd been in and out of prison numerous times. As you say, yes, the families have huge responsibility here, but there is more of a permissiveness to this phenomenon than elsewhere.

as bajo says, each country has their own weak points. In my country, parents scream at children in public (with swear words and everything), something I've hardly ever seen here.

it was an observation.

Honestly, I haven't come across any particular case so extreme: a 14 year old with a thirty something, but I can tell that traditionally young women date older men, even since an early age. It was -is- completely common in high school years to see the 13, 14 year olds with the 5th year students, and this trend persists in other age groups.

Taking away the peope who are truly in love no matter the age, social difference, my impression has always been that younger girls/women see their male age peers as unexperienced (and/or broke), whereas many men seem to prioritize youth and beauty, that many mistakenly consider to be the same thing. A couple made up of a 30-something woman with a 50-year divorced men is already part of the social landscape of Argentina...

Back