What Happens To Cristina After The Election?

If there is one country in Latin Ameirca that I look up to, it is Chile.

I've "liked" a lot of your posts so I'd like to know what you find admirable about Chile at this time.

Campaign finance scandals and ill timed tax hikes (during a slowing economy) don't inspire a lot of confidence.

Nor do your opinions. Chile always ranks high on the Transparency International anti-corruption index, and is dealing with these issues institutionally, without resorting to Argentine-style capriciousness. If Chile doesn't conform to your fantasies, so be it.

Nor do your opinions. Chile always ranks high on the Transparency International anti-corruption index, and is dealing with these issues institutionally, without resorting to Argentine-style capriciousness. If Chile doesn't conform to your fantasies, so be it.

Thanks for the swift and sophisticated response, but I didn't ask you......and your personal (and condescending) comments and unfounded assumptions reveal far more about you than they do about me.

Some have posted that Chile would be a better place to start a business than Argentina. This is probably not be the best time to do so in either country.

PS: Country life in Argentina has not conformed to my fantasies. It has greatly exceeded them.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to say that without bragging.
emo32.gif

I've "liked" a lot of your posts so I'd like to know what you find admirable about Chile at this time.

Campaign finance scandals and ill timed tax hikes (during a slowing economy) don't inspire a lot of confidence.

This was published two months ago: http://www.thinkadvi...me-to-investors

No country is perfect and Chile certainly has its fair share of issues. Also Chile's current president leaves a lot to be desired. That being said, I've been to Chile many times and even done business there. I find the average Chilean to have incredible work ethics compared to the rest of LATAM. Their institutions overall are more stable and reliable than the rest of LATAM. They are not nearly as bureaucratic and swamped in red tape as their neighbors. Their police and justice system is considered very honest and reliable by Latin American standards. Taxes are low and uncomplicated for Latin American standards. It is the country with the highest standard of living south of the Rio Grande. So in many ways I see Chile as an example of the very best that can come out of South America. Again, they are not perfect and do have many of the vices and flaws that are so common down here. But overall, i'd say that they represent the best of us, and give us a glimpse, a sample, of everything we can be one day if we ever get our shit together.

Although no one know what will happen to Cristina after the elections, we can be sure the BAexpat Dueling Dummies will still be going strong.

You must want more of it because you continue to stir the pot.

PS: If you haven't noticed, it doesn't matter what I write about for an irrelevant and often insulting comment to appear in response, even when I am asking someone else a question.

Back