What Happens To Cristina After The Election?

There seems to be a formula in place here for outgoing presidents. In the not too distant future
Christina could become a senator again and like Menem be immune from incarceration. As long as her party
is in power, it's unlikely she will face charges of corruption. If and when the power shifts away from
her people, she may elect to spend her golden years in another country. After Juan Manuel de Rosas, Governor of Buenos Aires Province, relinquished power he opted for an early retirement (three years younger that Cristina is now) in Great Britain and became a farmer.
The very idea of KFC retiring to a flat in London has a deliciously crunchy flavour to it.

The very idea of KFC retiring to a flat in London has a deliciously crunchy flavour to it.

Maybe she'll need a consultation in Harley Street: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indictment_and_arrest_of_Augusto_Pinochet

Look on the bright side. If the Neo-liberals had remained in power and Peronism never existed, Argentina would be like Singapore: a rich country in a poor region. And it would be much too expensive for many expats who would be forced to seek refuge in Thailand or Ecuador.

Great conclusion .....! so a few thousand expats would be now in Ecuador but 10 million Argies would be out of poverty? No biggie .

Mas vale Cabeza de Raton? que cola de Leon?

Great conclusion .....! so a few thousand expats would be now in Ecuador...

I would probably be one of them....and, knowing what I now know about Ecuador, it could actually happen in the next couple years.

A: Does anyone actually think this looks like a bunker?

house.jpg

B: I can't post a photo of the reason I would move to Ecuador, but that's where her children live and I would not expect her to live so far from them.

toongeorges : Just saw your question. Yes.I have been to Chile many times I go there about once a year. Re: steveinbsas's opinion on the present state of their economy.They should weather the current low copper price slump and social problems well given the solid state of their institutions and work oriented population.Camberiu said it perfectly well.There is no need to elaborate on his post on the matter. I admire the Brazilian justice system more because they had to come up from a long history of endemic corruption while in the Chilean case corruption ,Pinochet's miltary dictatorshio aside, did not constitute a real problem.

A: Does anyone actually think this looks like a bunker?

B: I can't post a photo of the reason I would move to Ecuador, but that's where her children live and I would not expect her to live so far from them.

Does anybody really think that looks like the Hermit's bunker and, even if so, has anybody looked underneath it?

It's understandable that nobody would want to live in the bunker, whether or not her children were nearby.

It looks so much like a bunker that there were rumours that Adolph spent his last days there.

And if the real reason you're leaving Argentina is to escape your nemesis, you must know he will hound you to the ends of the earth.

BTW don't believe anything you see from the dating sites, that photo was taken 15 years ago! You're better off pursuing Cristina once she leaves office!

Back