What is the food you miss most from "home?"

Also a good Peperoni Pizza...! yummy

pizza_ua.jpg

You guys are unbelievable.... first there is NO seriously good cheese in the USA at all, you have to go to England or France for that, second ....hot sauce what.... so easy to make, have you ever heard of chili powder.... you can even buy jalepenos in Jumbo so stop whinging dudes. No baked beans here though and that is a tough one.

Not true. I live in San Francisco and you can get every cheese you can imagine. There are cheese shops that stock hundreds of high quality local and imported cheeses.

I am pregnant so I am missing A LOT of foods from home!! ;)

Cheerios, pancakes with REAL syrup, Thomas´english muffins, texas toast, crab cakes, pulled pork, sour cream, good tex-mex, good Indian, good chinese, good thai, honey baked virginia ham, marshmallows, candian bacon, fried chicken (never used to get it but I miss it for some reason), dutched cocoa powder (for baking), and the list goes on and on....
I am now very hungry! :D

Restaurant iced tea w free refills, free ice water. Texmex, chile, A1 sauce, assortment of salad dressings, donuts, oysters in a tin, ihop, house of pies, milk cartons - but I WILL eventually learn to pour from these little plastic bags without spilling milk everywhere... won't I??? (and how not to appear dyslexic plugging something into an outlet, but that's a different thread). I know most or all these things can be found, but i miss them being readily available.

I finally found A1 in Walmart supermercado and I think in Coto might have it now as well!!
HOUSE OF PIES! I went there for the first time visiting my sister in Houston. Loved it!

I finally found A1 in Walmart supermercado and I think in Coto might have it now as well!!
HOUSE OF PIES! I went there for the first time visiting my sister in Houston. Loved it!
A1 is in the Supermarkets near my house

I miss the Mexican Food, The Indian Food & the Chinese take out from around the corner where I used to live.
I could go for some Broccoli with Garlic sauce right about now !!! ( and some Wonton soup too, throw in some egg rolls while you're there)

bisto gravy, birds custard, weetabix, mcvities digestive biscuits, branston pickles, rasher and sausages, dennys ham steaks, heinz beans, custard creams, malteesers, a good indian curry, steak and kidney mushrom pie, KitKat, bulmers cider, club orange, cidona, thick country vegetable soup, honemade brown bread, irish tea, finger fudge, liquorice allsorts, mars bars, mushy peas, turnips parsnips.....

Back