What is the food you miss most from "home?"

Restaurant iced tea w free refills, free ice water. Texmex, chile, A1 sauce, assortment of salad dressings, donuts, oysters in a tin, ihop, house of pies, milk cartons - but I WILL eventually learn to pour from these little plastic bags without spilling milk everywhere... won't I??? (and how not to appear dyslexic plugging something into an outlet, but that's a different thread). I know most or all these things can be found, but i miss them being readily available.

I was just at the coto I suggested. They had chilean seabass (merluza negra), salted Norwegian cod (bacalo noruego), and swordfish at the least. Not to mention lump crabmeat which was a new addition!

Well I went to the Coto in Juncal and Pueyrredon which is very large.one, Will try the one on Spinetto?

Question Did not know that Merluza Negra and Chilean Sea Bass may be the same? I was in the frozen Chilean Sea Bass trade in California for several years, sold many 20 ft. containers per month.

Sweet potatoes.

I'm hispanic and lived in Miami before moving to Buenos Aires, so I miss Cuban and Nica food. Black beans, morros, lechon during christmas...

More importantly, I miss going to a restaurant and not thinking about it 10x.

Is this the Swedish Club on Tacuari St. the Embassy has a buffet Smorgasbord open ti the public ? Address , hours?

Thanks

http://www.clubsuecoresto.com.ar/index-en.php

just don't stuff yourself before the hot stuff comes round like i did! :D

Where to find Cottage Cheese!!

I am soooo not a health food person and, for the most part, love the carb filled Argentinean diet, but I do miss cottage cheese, almond milk and the wide assortment of fat-free yogurts you can get in the U.S.

I also miss good cake and other baked goods that aren't dry and flavorless and over-globbed with dulce de leche. I have, however, found one very good cupcake shop on Riobamba and Arenales that has an amazing assortment of cupcake flavors. The guy got his recipes from the U.S. and he makes a very moist cake and excellent buttercream frosting.

ElQueso, you miss Pizza Hut? How could you possibly miss Pizza Hut? Maybe you picked the wrong neighborhood. I live in Pizza Heaven. There is pizza on just about every corner here. There's a place on the corner from me that I'd rather go to any day than Pizza Hut. Even my nephew was here the first part of this year and he said it was better than Pizza Hut.But seriously, I think you were kidding about Pizza Hut.

I can't think of a single thing I miss. I stuck to healthy, non packaged, non chemicalized food in the States and there are three stores within a block of me where I can get all of that that I want. Mostly I buy organic. I have a choice of about three (probably more) vendors who deliver absolutely beautiful fruits, vegetables, eggs and other stuff, right to my door. I never had it so good.

I do miss inexpensive electronics. (But that's not "food.")

I'm not really dying for anything... though I do miss the variety of items and the ease of finding them. Salad dressings, yogurts, cheeses, snacks, and good Mexican/Chinese food.

Most of all I miss my mother's cooking. :)

http://www.clubsueco...ar/index-en.php

just don't stuff yourself before the hot stuff comes round like i did! :D

I have to confess I like Swedish meat balls with thick gravy, gravlax and knaeckebrot.
Will go on a Friday eve.
Thanks

1.jpg

Back