What is the food you miss most from "home?"

If I had to pick just one.

dungeness-crab1.jpg

GS_Dirtboy said:
I had a serious yearning for home today. Thought I'd indulge and tonight I made fried chicken, green beans (couldn't find black-eyed peas), mashed potatoes, corn bread, and sweet tea. I made an apple pie for desert. Tomorrow's breakfast will be scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, hash browns, buttermilk biscuits and gravy.

What foods do you miss?

You can find dried black-eyed peas at most dieticas. I make them all the time!

You guys are unbelievable.... first there is NO seriously good cheese in the USA at all, you have to go to England or France for that, second ....hot sauce what.... so easy to make, have you ever heard of chili powder.... you can even buy jalepenos in Jumbo so stop whinging dudes. No baked beans here though and that is a tough one.

Markgeezer said:
You guys are unbelievable.... first there is NO seriously good cheese in the USA at all, you have to go to England or France for that, second ....hot sauce what.... so easy to make, have you ever heard of chili powder.... you can even buy jalepenos in Jumbo so stop whinging dudes. No baked beans here though and that is a tough one.

yes when i think of good food england is the first place that comes to mind lol.

Argentina has got a great variety of food (if u know how and where to look for) but I REALLY miss Twinkies!!!!

Markgeezer said:
....hot sauce what.... so easy to make, have you ever heard of chili powder.... you can even buy jalepenos in Jumbo so stop whinging dudes.

hot sauce made out of chili powder????? Also, jalapeños here aren't spicy at all. The all taste like pimientos morrones. I miss the typical mexican freshly made sauce. Cilantro is very scarce, and I haven't seen green tomatoes. It's just not the same dude.

Markgeezer said:
You guys are unbelievable.... first there is NO seriously good cheese in the USA at all, you have to go to England or France for that,

The US (and Canada) does make some very good Cheddar Cheese. Vermont Cabot , etc.. Agree there are excellent cheeses in France and , please do not forget Italy !!

Back