Where can I avail self-defense training in BA

Ceviche said:
I am not a baby who needs to be told what to do.
I don't think so.
If you are asking where to buy chicken breast, it means you really need to be told what and how to do.

nicoenarg said:
My Spanish is crap but I'm hoping its not going to stay that way forever.

How much do they charge? Or do they work out individual deals?

it depends on how many times a week you want to go , i pay 190 AR$ a month for twice a week. you'll also need to buy some "protection" for downstairs ;)

beginners are 7pm tonight if you're keen to check it out, there are often walk-ins

BASailor said:
I don't think so.
If you are asking where to buy chicken breast, it means you really need to be told what and how to do.

Their is no connection of chicken breast and self defense. And their is difference in asking "cheap chicken breast" and just " chicken breast".

The query about "cheaply priced" chicken breast does not insinuate that I am looking for a daddy on this forum.

BASailor said:
I'm sorry. I wasn't writing to you only.
And anyone else's background, capabilities, past, etc., don't matter at all when we talk about a hard training.

Again wrong!

How do you know I have no back ground in training, martial arts, dealing with dangers on a daily basis, leading a life on the edge 365 days a year.

Maybe I just need some extra training for getting prepared for a home robbery.

Their could be a difference in fitness levels between different men.

Don't just jump in threads and start giving lectures as if " you know all" and everyone else here is a jerk sitting idly twiddling their thumbs awaiting grand daddy to take charge!

Ceviche said:
Again wrong!

How do you know I have no back ground in training, martial arts, dealing with dangers on a daily basis, leading a life on the edge 365 days a year.

Maybe I just need some extra training for getting prepared for a home robbery.

Their could be a difference in fitness levels between different men.

Don't just jump in threads and start giving lectures as if " you know all" and everyone else here is a jerk sitting idly twiddling their thumbs awaiting grand daddy to take charge!

Read what you wrote please.
Then, please do that yourself, and I'll do it too!
I think some people is very angry, but that's not my fault.

Little can self defense Taekwondo do against a 9 mm gun in the hands of a deranged assailant.

Look folks, there is a lot a bravado on this thread, but any sane self-defense teacher is only going to tell you to COMPLY with the demands of anyone pointing a gun to your head. Google Krag Maga and you will see amazing demonstrations of people disarming four armed attackers. They are DEMONSTRATIONS.

Sure, learning and using self defense (Krag Maga is a good one) practices is great, especially for women, if you are being physically attacked. But if you think it is going to help you when someone is pointing a gun at you, you are delusional. Sure, you might get lucky, but you will probably just get shot.

When you let others have the drop on you there's little else you can do but comply.
But daily life is not all about those extremes you describe with a paco-zombie aiming a loaded gun at you, so please do not stick exclusively to the extremes so your "do nothing" attitude makes it a reasonable stand.

Practicing some kind of combat sport will teach you about fighting attitudes, body language, timing, etc.

You must learn how to look at your environment, how to flow in it and a lot of other things that work with preventing being an easy target and eventually how to react if you become one. There will be a lot of shades of grey, not just black or white situations.

If your spidey senses tell you to get the hell out of Dodge, you listen to them. You can work on them and do your best to train those senses to your advantage.

It's fine to have a passive attitute, You just go ahead and do that. It will probably keep one or to roaches off my back and more interested in yours.
But learn to keep a cool head, you will need it. During and after the facts. Fear is extremely contageous.
If you take some measures to protect yourself you wont feel so helpless if shit happens. Research PTSD and study how it manifests itself.

Anyways, do what you feel is best for you but try not to object to others determinations. To each its own. It's definitely PERSONAL.

Iznogud said:
Practicing some kind of combat sport will teach you about fighting attitudes, body language, timing, etc.

You must learn how to look at your environment, how to flow in it and a lot of other things that work with preventing being an easy target and eventually how to react if you become one. There will be a lot of shades of grey, not just black or white situations.

If your spidey senses tell you to get the hell out of Dodge, you listen to them. You can work on them and do your best to train those senses to your advantage.

These are all good points. The best self defense is to AVOID being in a situation where you have to defend yourself.

My comments were directed to some of the folks on this thread that seem to think they are going to be disarming intruders after a couple of Krag Maga classes. A little bit of knowledge is dangerous.

I can only hope that people are sensible enough to realise that if you are attacked for money / personal items the person attacking you values their life a lot less than you value yours.

Comply. Give them your belongings, stay alive and stay healthy.

Certainly be aware of danger, plan so that you don't expose yourself as an easy or worthwhile target, but once attacked switch to comply and survive mode.

Thoughts of attacking your attacker are moronic, egotistical and based on having watched to many hollywood movies where the bad guys can't shoot straight and single kick or punch renders them unconscious.

It's not about feeling helpless, it's about recognising the safest path out of bad situation and congratulating yourself for coming out healthy and unscathed.

Anything else is extremely bad advice.

Back