Where can I avail self-defense training in BA

I have been living off and and on in BA for 6 years. Luckily, never got robbed etc

I know 3 people personally who got robbed in their homes in last 6 months and hence my quest for preparedness.

Case 1 : Guy sleeping in the afternoon ( noon nap after lunch) at home. Wakes up and finds himself bound to bed. Everything stolen. He did have a history of hiring prostitutes but that day he was alone.

Case 2 : Girl ( normal girl not a working girl ) comes home from office and finds home ransacked.

Case 3 : A couple ( normal couple/ no prostitute involved) making love in their apartment hearing a knock on the door. Guy opens the door and "hey presto"..Gun on his head..Everything stolen in front of his eyes.

All these 3 different buildings had no concierge service though!

Not so sure anymore.

Recently I approached a police officer to ask a simple question and overheard on her radio that there were 6 individuals ranshackling a building somewhere near.
That shit is becoming more and more frequent and was unheard of a few years ago.

The odds of me overhearing that transmission is what scares me most. Got a few friends in the Forece and they also tell me is not uncommon anymore.

It's not just you that has to screw up. Any of your building's tenants can open the door to the wrong people. or they might gain access otherwise.

Back on topic, what is needed are just a few names or places and not you opinion on how the law abiding are to behave. It still remains a simple fucking question.

Ceviche said:
I have been living off and and on in BA for 6 years. Luckily, never got robbed etc

I know 3 people personally who got robbed in their homes in last 6 months and hence my quest for preparedness.

Case 1 : Guy sleeping in the afternoon ( noon nap after lunch) at home. Wakes up and finds himself bound to bed. Everything stolen. He did have a history of hiring prostitutes but that day he was alone.

Case 2 : Girl ( normal girl not a working girl ) comes home from office and finds home ransacked.

Case 3 : A couple ( normal couple/ no prostitute involved) making love in their apartment hearing a knock on the door. Guy opens the door and "hey presto"..Gun on his head..Everything stolen in front of his eyes.

Wow...this is not the norm. What neighborhoods were these in? I'm the first to admit that petty crime has drastically increased but I hadn't heard of places getting broken into like this becoming a big problem and I literally know hundreds of locals/friends there.

Absolutely if the guy in case #1 was seeing a lot of prostitutes probably she let her friends know about this guy.

I've only known one person that had her place broken into but she lived out in San Ysidro where I'd say it's more likely but most of my friends live in Recoleta, Palermo, Puerto Madero, Barrio Norte and Belgrano and not the norm there.

I remember there was a tourist in Plaza San Martin a couple months back. Someone tried to take his camera. He resisted. He was violently stabbed to death in broad daylight. The " villero " who killed him didn't even think twice. It's just too bad he preferred hanging onto his camera instead of seeing his family again.

Then again, it's been a slow news week with the subte strike getting old. Maybe one of you " tough guys " can make the evening news and liven things up a bit. Just hope you don't leave any wife widowed OR kids orphaned just because you wanted to prove to yourself you weren't a " pussy ".

earlyretirement said:
Wow...this is not the norm. What neighborhoods were these in?

Case 1 : Barrio Norte

Case 2 : Apartment building right next to Plaza Italia subte station

Case 3 : A nice building in Las Canitas. In case 3, they even threatened to rape the girl cos the guy was resisting the robbery, plus his Spanish was zilch.

Ceviche said:
Case 1 : Barrio Norte

Case 2 : Apartment building right next to Plaza Italia subte station

Case 3 : A nice building in Las Canitas. In case 3, they even threatened to rape the girl cos the guy was resisting the robbery, plus his Spanish was zilch.

Yikes! Those are nice areas. That's disturbing to hear about so many cases of break ins with apartments. I literally know tons and tons of locals and not heard of this many break ins.

Yeah, I guess if I had 3 friends that all got robbed I'd be paranoid too.

Ceviche said:

Open the door?
Jesus! I've been taught since I was born I guess, never do that without asking who is it. Now I don't even open the door, if I didn't invite somebody.
To be a little bit smart nobody needs to learn self defense, rather it's self defense itself.
Más vale prevenir que curar.

Again folks, Ceviche asked for specific data and not your high horsed take on how life is to be conducted.
Some comments completely disregard the fact that criminals are not the best choice on whom to trust your life. Once they overpowered you and they have taken all there is, how do you convince them the party is over? What if they dissagree? What if the loot is not all they want? Compliance is not the one fits all solution.

I do not need answers to these questions no more than I need a few of you trolling this thread with their sifu knows but sifu won't tell advise.
Try to make yours a contribution to the thread and not just a wise donkey remark.

Thank you.

BASailor said:
Open the door?
Jesus! I've been taught since I was born I guess, never do that without asking who is it. Now I don't even open the door, if I didn't invite somebody.
To be a little bit smart nobody needs to learn self defense, rather it's self defense itself.
Más vale prevenir que curar.

Thank you for the wisdom "Grand Daddy"!

Back