Why Does Everyone Here Seem To Hate Buenos Aires So Much?

Oh, to clarify, when i say "everyone" i left out camberiu :mellow:

where are you from, camberiu??
You seem to REALLY REALLY hate everything about this country and make a point to criticize everything about it in every one of your posts. You know all the argentinian jokes and spread your hate all around. You must really hate everyone of us SO MUCH, that i dont know what you are doing here. It must suck to being surrounded by a culture you hate SO MUCH.

It must be awful being so full of hate :( .

Besides this person, that is obviously an extreme case, everyone has answered in a great manner, so thanks.

Too bad that some people have so much hate inside.

There's that word again. Repeated 7 times. No dislikes or dissaproves, hate is THE word.
Is your vocabulary that limited, your feelings that strong and/or immature or are you only 15 years old? .

I guess I have been very lucky. I am functional en castellano and I always have people helping me with my words and such. I know a lot of the shop keepers in my neighborhood and they go out of their way to greet me. And I do feel a bit of an authority on pizza since I am from Chicago. Buenos Aires pizza is the best. Way better than Chicago! New York pizza? Sorry, New York! Lastly, I really enjoy my Argentine friends here. They are amazing and very loving and a lot of fun.

Chicaargentina, with responses like that you only feed some of the views in this thread (and others) about porteños7as. I am not sure if you are trolling or not, but either way I will add that HATE is a very, very strong word. I struggle to see how anyone could HATE Argentina if they are still here :rolleyes:

Since this has become another bash Portenos thread, I'd like to add one.

I always dreaded the female waitress because they would treat me with utter disdain. After a year in BA I had long dispensed with the idea of ever flirting with a waitress again - I was just happy if the disdain would be somewhat muted. After leaving BA I went to Peru and immediately discovered I could flirt with waitresses again - it was incredible!

So my bash is that Portena waitresses are even worse than the stereotypical Yanqui gringa - is that even possible?

OP thats a good question but BA loves to parade as a global idiot serving second only to Venzuela as you keep voting morons into public office.. Your president has to charter flights now..Inflation is well we all know. You no longer have liberty to buy dollars and invest gobally.. You do not know this yet but your under a dictatorship that is dressed up like a democracy and the list goes on.. But you do have cool empanadas and the Tango to fall back on.

You do not need to play her down calling her a 15 years old.

She is Argentine and she is learning English as she mentioned. So, yes her vocabulary is limited. If you knew a little bit more about Argentine culture, you would know that the word "odiar" (=hate) has different connotations and have many levels depending on how you say it and in what context. For instance, every time I prove my Argentine colleague in the office that I was right about something, he replies with a "te odio". I really do not think that he hates me.

Again, I think she has a fair point and that she is doing it in a civilized manner.

There's that word again. Repeated 7 times. No dislikes or dissaproves, hate is THE word.
Is your vocabulary that limited, your feelings that strong and/or immature or are you only 15 years old? .

So your macho attitude does not go well with the locals... what's the problem there?
Try a waitress in Paris and see how it goes...

Since this has become another bash Portenos thread, I'd like to add one.

I always dreaded the female waitress because they would treat me with utter disdain. After a year in BA I had long dispensed with the idea of ever flirting with a waitress again - I was just happy if the disdain would be somewhat muted. After leaving BA I went to Peru and immediately discovered I could flirt with waitresses again - it was incredible!

So my bash is that Portena waitresses are even worse than the stereotypical Yanqui gringa - is that even possible?

So your macho attitude does not go well with the locals... what's the problem there?
Try a waitress in Paris and see how it goes...

I'm not dispensing any attitude at all - as demonstrated by the fact that I get a neutral reaction in most parts of the world (BTW, there are parts of the world where the people are even ruder than Argentina, not naming any names, but it has the largest population of any country in the world).

I never begin a flirtation with a waitress unless she starts. That happened twice when I was in BA - the waitresses turned out to be from Colombia and Peru.

In Argentina I grew to prefer male waiters because the female waitresses had such mala onda.

The OP might not consider this attitude of the waitresses rude, but this could be because she has little international travel experience and so has no basis of comparison.

Sorry, I know this is very politically incorrect - but I've always been a rule breaker.

You do not need to play her down calling her a 15 years old.

She is Argentine and she is learning English as she mentioned. So, yes her vocabulary is limited. If you knew a little bit more about Argentine culture, you would know that the word "odiar" (=hate) has different connotations and have many levels depending on how you say it and in what context. For instance, every time I prove my Argentine colleague in the office that I was right about something, he replies with a "te odio". I really do not think that he hates me.

Again, I think she has a fair point and that she is doing it in a civilized manner.

Thank you for the brief lecture but I stand by my wording.
I'm also an argentine and am currently raising a couple of teenagers. Maybe, just maybe, I'm more aware than you what limited vocabulary or youth sound like. If your baseline is poor you're likely to be limited searching for words in another language.
Maturity and education both play a defining role in the way you express yourself.

What you suggest is that we're presented with a thought formulated in spanish but put into words in english. Since this is mostly an english speaking board, backpedalling to another language to discover the true meaning of the message is kind of a twisted and demanding excercise, is it not?
Yet I do not mind, can do both. Conclusions still match.

I hate it when that happens.

Ok, angry man. Have a nice day.

Thank you for the brief lecture but I stand by my wording.
I'm also an argentine and am currently raising a couple of teenagers. Maybe, just maybe, I'm more aware than you what limited vocabulary or youth sound like. If your baseline is poor you're likely to be limited searching for words in another language.
Maturity and education both play a defining role in the way you express yourself.

What you suggest is that we're presented with a thought formulated in spanish but put into words in english. Since this is mostly an english speaking board, backpedalling to another language to discover the true meaning of the message is kind of a twisted and demanding excercise, is it not?
Yet I do not mind, can do both. Conclusions still match.

I hate it when that happens.

Back