Another CFK Corralito

One thing I've come to understand is that for most Argentines, economic reality is not even a thought. Everything has been irrational in their lives economically. When everything looks good it still goes bust.

Even with the punishing times in the US and Europe, we can't make sense of the difference between the ways many of us and Argentines see the world. Our historical reality vs. their historical reality.

robinho9 said:
yeah, that was also a great addition to the discussion...

calm down.
good night.

eh, a declarative statement about the Herminator (yes I called him Herminator) is much more enlightening.

now i will go to bed. good night

However, I was fortunate enough to have been born in the greatest country in the world (in my humble opinion) where opportunities are endless and you can become anything you want.

greatest country in the world? (referring to the U.S.) endless opportunities? wow!! really. well i have lived in the U.S. for decades (ok, actually in the U.S. not but rather in NYC, another planet) and, honestly, i don't see either a) greatest country in the world or b) endless opportunities. i did alright for myself but i look beyond me me me and myself, and i just don't see that picture. i see mounting misery and decline.

perhaps it's just me? ;)

jb5 said:
One thing I've come to understand is that for most Argentines, economic reality is not even a thought. Everything has been irrational in their lives economically. When everything looks good it still goes bust.

Even with the punishing times in the US and Europe, we can't make sense of the difference between the ways many of us and Argentines see the world. Our historical reality vs. their historical reality.

There is reality and there is Argentine vision. The two rarely if ever match

\Was it the asteroid that just missed us tonight ....it's almost comical..like a bar room fight that quickly spreads - it was on for young & old in this thread...everyone gave & received...I wonder how close we are to the full moon?

On another note,...gsi was expressing a valid point, whether you agree with him or not, the Ks are masters at their populist marketing propaganda, they know how to work the crowd well, especially the more vulnerable & poor. As usual, they use the poor as a weapon to prey on & attack the middle class with..anyone who is daring enough to want to start a business or create employment is a prime target in this hostile anti-business environment . Right Now, as we sleep, the Gov & friends are busy stashing their pockets buying Dollars before they pull on the big leaver & devalue the currency.

If, as the pro K faithful claim, it was genuinely necessary to step in & control the black market currency trading for the good of the country then why did they have to wait all these years & only act after the elections? Why was it not done earlier?

mariposa said:
greatest country in the world? (referring to the U.S.) endless opportunities? wow!! really. well i have lived in the U.S. for decades (ok, actually in the U.S. not but rather in NYC, another planet) and, honestly, i don't see either a) greatest country in the world or b) endless opportunities. i did alright for myself but i look beyond me me me and myself, and i just don't see that picture. i see mounting misery and decline.

perhaps it's just me? ;)

Yes, it is just you...if you just did alright in the States after decades of living there, there is something wrong with you. There are Mexican illegal aliens that come to the US and build empires. Face it, the problem is you. There are Argentine doctors that have immigrated to the US and are making 10x what they in BA. They are successful, educated, and did things right. You obviously have not. I don't know your personal situation and maybe you came back for personal reasons that take precedence over money. I can understand that, but if you spent decades in the US and didn't become successful in business YOU are the problem.

Also, if you don't believe in the ME ME ME philosophy, you can always write a bigger check to the gov't at the end of the year to level the playing field. No one is stopping you. BUT, my guess is you pay the bare minimum.

Argentine. Résurrection économique

Libéré de l’emprise du FMI, le pays est passé, en dix ans, de la faillite à une croissance digne de la Chine. Un succès encourageant mais encore fragile.

Par GÉRARD THOMAS Envoyé spécial à Buenos Aires

Diego Avila s’est écroulé sur la chaussée de Villa Fiorito, une localité de la province de Buenos Aires qui empile les maisonnettes de briques et de tôles à flanc de colline. Une balle de 9 millimètres vient de lui fracasser le crâne. En compagnie d’une poignée de pillards, il tentait de mettre à sac une petite épicerie de son quartier.

Ce matin du 19 décembre 2001, les policiers présents sur les lieux jurent qu’ils ont vu le propriétaire du magasin tirer sur le groupe du haut d’une terrasse voisine. Ils ne sont pas intervenus. A quelques jours de Noël, l’Argentine est alors à feu et à sang. Buenos Aires, Rosario, Cordoba, Santa Fe, Mendoza, toutes les grandes villes sont confrontées à des émeutes de la faim. Le pays, qui a subi de plein fouet les politiques néolibérales des années 90, est exsangue. Les privatisations d’entreprises publiques ont laissé des centaines de milliers de travailleurs sur le carreau. Le maintien d’une illusoire parité, à un pour un, entre le peso et le dollar a pénalisé les exportations nationales et la monnaie locale finit par être dévaluée de 70%, ruinant des milliers de petits épargnants. Le Produit intérieur brut (PIB) est en chute libre, le déficit public un puits sans fond. L’inflation flirte avec les 125% annuels et l’insupportable dette extérieure - 72 milliards d’euros - plombe toute velléité de reprise.

Lien: l'article complet - Journal français Libération

Afficher tous les commentaires par nicolas1973
9 novembre 2011 à 10:48
gestion de crise : l'exemple argentin

Aujourd'hui, le monologue incessant de la pensée unique nous gave de «crise économique», de «plan d'austérité», de «mauvaise gestion», de «crise de la dette», ou encore de «solidarité de la zone euro». Je ne sais pas si c'est parce que nos gouvernants ne connaissent pas ce pays ou qu'ils le font exprès, mais j'aimerais bien qu'ils se concentrent sur le cas de l'Argentine.

Lien: Gestion de crise: l'exemple Argentin.

Merci beaucoup

Yes, it is just you...if you just did alright in the States after decades of living there, there is something wrong with you. There are Mexican illegal aliens that come to the US and build empires. Face it, the problem is you. There are Argentine doctors that have immigrated to the US and are making 10x what they in BA. They are successful, educated, and did things right. You obviously have not. I don't know your personal situation and maybe you came back for personal reasons that take precedence over money. I can understand that, but if you spent decades in the US and didn't become successful in business YOU are the problem.

Also, if you don't believe in the ME ME ME philosophy, you can always write a bigger check to the gov't at the end of the year to level the playing field. No one is stopping you. BUT, my guess is you pay the bare minimum.

well i actually did (and do) more than very well in NYC, i was trying to be understated but subtleties are obviously beyond the reach of gsi. the thing is, greed doesn't turn me on and never did. i prefer the intellectually curious and the creative to suits with fat wallets. but i know i know, that makes me just another "piece of sh!t" to quote gsi's rich vocabulary.

;)

....towards this democratic elected 54.11% government and CFK persona, that seems to me that those are you and the clones (you multiplier by 3) goals.[/quote]

Bush won his second term in 2004 with 51%ish of the vote and noone, not even die-hard Republicans or history consider him much of a president to write home about. Sometimes the voters have no choice as in this 2011 election with such a fragmented and personality centic oppposition and as many of my Republican friends attested at the time they voted Bush back in for a second term to clean up the mess he started in his first term. Like Indec voting percentages show only 1 version of reality...

I'm with you Mariposa, and depressed by the handful of self-centered trolls who keep asserting that its poor people's fault that they are poor.

Back