Another CFK Corralito

kurtdillard said:
I'm with you Mariposa, and depressed by the handful of self-centered trolls who keep asserting that its poor people's fault that they are poor.[/QU

Just keep writing your books there Cupcake.

this thread started as something beyond stupid, toxic and hysterical. it's come full circle. i have better things to do.

kurt, looking forward to running into you again in another thread that actually ads something (anything!) to the conversation.

gsi, BA is teeming with therapists. there must be at least one out these that could make you feel better about yourself!

ciao!!

robinho9 said:
what a terible discussion. i`m not a u.s. citizen, and I`m not an argentinian - sure, things can be better here, but, hey, live with it! you`re lucky anyway, you`re a foreigner that earns decent money, right? i think that you can´t really understand how things/politics/people work, think etc. here if you haven`t grown up with this and went through the trouble argentina and argentinians had. coming from the u.s. or europe doesn`t make us better or brighter. we got our own problems and weaknesses. if you don`t like it, go home.

Robin, im argentinian and things should be better and no, im not gonna just live with it and yes, i am home ! I went through the 90´s and this past decade and we doing way worse, specially in terms of corruption and injustice or any other area you can think of....going through the different posts, i can say that these folks from other countries are describing perfectly well what really is happening here, perhaps the fact that they are from abroad allows them to see things for what they really are, not for what populism dictates they are

gsi16386 said:
kurtdillard said:
I'm with you Mariposa, and depressed by the handful of self-centered trolls who keep asserting that its poor people's fault that they are poor.[/QU

Just keep writing your books there Cupcake.

So just to be clear (and I'm not arguing with you or Mariposa)...you are blaming everyone except the actual person for their problems. The "poor" are inept and have no ability to raise out of poverty on their own.

It's the rich, the 'system', or whatever other excuse you can think of that is holding them down??

mariposa said:
well i actually did (and do) more than very well in NYC, i was trying to be understated but subtleties are obviously beyond the reach of gsi. the thing is, greed doesn't turn me on and never did. i prefer the intellectually curious and the creative to suits with fat wallets. but i know i know, that makes me just another "piece of sh!t" to quote gsi's rich vocabulary.

;)

Statements like "i prefer the intellectually curious and the creative to suits with fat wallets" and then voting for Kristina would put anybody under the POS label.....

kurtdillard said:
I'm with you Mariposa, and depressed by the handful of self-centered trolls who keep asserting that its poor people's fault that they are poor.

Is actually the government´s fault they are poor...they funny part is that, despite being poor, and in many cases, very poor, they still vote for this same govnt in exchange of welfare money (they rather get small money for free than having a decent life through hard work).....That´s what´s totally wrong !!! it makes no sense !!

Hey, thread hijackers, instead of everyone giving everyone beef, can we get back to the speculative matter at hand? What is going to happen to the Argentine economy, not in terms of spending power of any foreign currency, but top to bottom, nationally, what is going to happen in the near to medium term?

Statements like "i prefer the intellectually curious and the creative to suits with fat wallets" and then voting for Kristina would put anybody under the POS label.....

jazrgz, you have not been paying attention and you are jumping to conclusions without knowing what you are talking about. i am not an argentine citizen and hence have not voted in the elections. but - whatever.

fifs2 said:
Bush won his second term in 2004 with 51%ish of the vote and noone, not even die-hard Republicans or history consider him much of a president to write home about. Sometimes the voters have no choice as in this 2011 election with such a fragmented and personality centic oppposition and as many of my Republican friends attested at the time they voted Bush back in for a second term to clean up the mess he started in his first term. Like Indec voting percentages show only 1 version of reality...

NOT a comparative example by far.....

Presidential ticket - Party - Ballot access - Votes
Bush/Cheney - Republican - 50+DC 50,456,002
Gore/Lieberman - Democratic - 50+DC 50,999,897

On top of, thanks to Florida Governor (Bush Jr. brother) who did the trick to push him into government.

Exit polling and declaration of vote winners

The Voter News Service's reputation was damaged by its treatment of Florida's presidential vote in 2000. Breaking its own guidelines, VNS called the state as a win for Gore 12 minutes before polls closed in the Florida panhandle. Although most of the state is in the Eastern Time Zone, counties in the Florida panhandle, located in the Central Time Zone, had not yet closed its polls. More seriously, inconsistent polling results caused the VNS to change its call twice, first from Gore to Bush, and then to "too close to call".

Also, charges of media bias were levied against the networks by Republicans. They claimed that the networks called states more quickly for Al Gore than for George W. Bush. Congress held hearings on this matter and the networks claimed to have no intentional bias in their election night reporting. However, a study of the calls made on election night 2000 indicated that states carried by Gore were called more quickly than states won by Bush; however, notable Bush states, like New Hampshire and Florida, were very close, and close Gore states like New Mexico were called late too.

Bush, did have behind all the media conglomerate support, which probably he or his family owns, not in Argentina the CFK case is totally the contrary, Bush have behind the support of the powerful US arms industry, Bush have behind the support of the business elite and USA oligarchy all part of the society in which he and his family were supporters of their interest.

What CKF do have instead? only the poor and low classes of this society, with the rest all against her, the monopolistic media, the dinosaur army, the upper oligarchy class, and in a nutshell the powerful minorities who operate and manipulate the strings of power in this country.
But even then they were defeated, against all that she pulled a healthy 54.11% of the total votes votes and in difference with US Bush/Gore the nearest rival in this elections was with only 16.9% of the popular vote.

How you can compare Bush with CFK it makes no sense at all.

Yesterday, I had a brand new Samsung 6800 peso air conditioner installed. It was made in tierra de fuego. When I hit the on button, it sounded like a train coming to a stop. We opened it up and saw that of the 7 holes to mount the motor to the case, they had only put one screw in. Of course these people should be rewarded with forced profit sharing!

Back