Anyone Else Experience An Attempted Robbery On Christmas?

wayne oh wayne where are you? is it common for two motocurros to go after the same cachet? usually means something more personal is involved. when out numbered run.

I live within one hour of tombstone of OK corral fame. as you can imagine the mentality of the people is fight not flight. gun laws are very liberal as is the right to defend yourself. when carjacking became popular about 10 years ago, the first three attempts went very bad for the attacker. all three were shot in self defense. its understood that most people are armed and will shoot in self defense. don't want to start a second amendment discussion as I think owning an automatic weapon is crazy for the population at large. my problem is trying to decide what I should do in a different culture. fight or flight? give him whats in your pocket because he is poor or stand up to him and have my self respect. with the understanding that every situation is different and you must assess the odds for success.

This is what you mustn't do.... !!

http://www.clarin.co...1276072418.html

Horacio Cabrera (60) had a Renault Kangoo utility truck worked, making freight and remís. Sunday afternoon he was entering his house in the town of Villa Maipú (Party of San Martín) when he was attacked by two motochorros. There were shouts, threats and shoving. Cabrera threw the keys he was carrying to the other side of the street, fearing that the attackers wanted to get into his home. It ended in tragedy because they shot him dead.

Police Investigators Believe that the Decision of the remisero Infuriated the Thieves.....!!!

That doesn't surprise me. San Martin is a nasty area of the city. Whenever I've had to drive through there I would always pray that my car wouldn't get a flat tire. I thought someone mentioned that a man returning from his tango class was shot during an attempted robbery.

That doesn't surprise me. San Martin is a nasty area of the city. Whenever I've had to drive through there I would always pray that my car wouldn't get a flat tire. I thought someone mentioned that a man returning from his tango class was shot during an attempted robbery.

:cool: :D read the article..... hahahahhahaha

The wife goes Tango Dancing, milonguera..!!

Cabrera había salido en la camioneta a dejar a su esposa que había ido a bailar en un salón (toma clases de tango)

:cool: :D read the article..... hahahahhahaha

The wife goes Tango Dancing, milonguera..!!

Cabrera había salido en la camioneta a dejar a su esposa que había ido a bailar en un salón (toma clases de tango)

You got me. LOL. I didn't read the entire article. What's so sad is that these type of incidents are becoming the norm.

A 60 yo man returning from Tango lessons, was approached at gun point by motochorros when entering his home, the man resisted and threw the house keys across the street , he was shot dead. (Clarin Today).

This is profoundly sad. Perhaps a man that had worked hard his whole life to have what he had in the disaster of Argentina only to have his very life stolen by trash. Pity there is no death penalty in Argentina the moto guys deserve just that. They should be hung high from a pole for all to see.. but in Argentina the likes of Gaston are better than you and me.

Buenos Aires is a big city. Big city rules apply.

Speaking of which, I remember that when I moved to New York a long time ago (pre-Giuliani time) I had my my handbag and my wallet stolen at the malls in two different occassions near the Holidays. I felt very distressed because they took all the money I had left for my basic needs from my low income job I had back then. Since that time I learned to be 150% aware of my surroundings and now I usually can predict a potentially dangerous situation, which I may come accross once in a while in different cities (like B.A, Rome, Milano, etc.) and I have been fortunately able to avoid them till now.
In the future, I am even looking forward to taking a self-defense training course in Buenos Aires. I wonder if anyone here has information or recommendations on this? I don't mean karate, tai kwan do or tai chi chuan, just self defense training for real people.
I would appreciate your feedback.

Speaking of which, I remember that when I moved to New York a long time ago (pre-Giuliani time) I had my my handbag and my wallet stolen at the malls in two different occassions near the Holidays. I felt very distressed because they took all the money I had left for my basic needs from my low income job I had back then. Since that time I learned to be 150% aware of my surroundings and now I usually can predict a potentially dangerous situation, which I may come accross once in a while in different cities (like B.A, Rome, Milano, etc.) and I have been fortunately able to avoid them till now.
In the future, I am even looking forward to taking a self-defense training course in Buenos Aires. I wonder if anyone here has information or recommendations on this? I don't mean karate, tai kwan do or tai chi chuan, just self defense training for real people.
I would appreciate your feedback.

Self defense does not work against guns especially more than one unless you are also armed and very fast. The minute you see a gun your best defense is to fall backwards or down while getting your gun out if you even have time to do so. And its not like the movies at all. Your best defense with trash is just give them what they want while understanding they are trash and have nothing to loose but their pathetic meaningless lives. You have everything you have done with your life to loose. Your dealing with animals that are sub human creatures. I know we all think that all men are above the animal class but it is just not so.

Your dealing with animals that are sub human creatures. I know we all think that all men are above the animal class but it is just not so.

I completely agree with you; animals can be much nicer.

Back