Dish Washing Sponge Vs. Brush

When hand washing dishes what do you prefer?

• Sponge

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • Brush

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/the-dressman-automatic-iron-by-114038

I am sure people are putting dish washers in their own homes, but not in rentals.
Nancy

I think a lot of the people who might traditionally have been the target market for dishwashers already have one... The Argentine word is 'mucama.' :) As the prevalence of staff decreases, I imagine that dishwashers will become more common. But they haven't been provisioned for in most kitchens so it will take some time.

Speaking seriously (!), I might add that many if not most Porteño kitchens are too small to accommodate another appliance.

Most short term apartments don't even have clothes washers - which is a lot more useful than a dish washer. A number of owners have said to me that they don't rent with clothes washers because they break. My first apartment here in Rosario they told me they took the clothes washer out the day before I arrived (even when I confirmed there was a clothes washer in an email :huh:)

Speaking seriously (!), I might add that many if not most Porteño kitchens are too small to accommodate another appliance.
We were able to squeeze both a dishwasher and clothes washer in our tiny kitchen. It's good to have an architect for a husband!
Nancy

Most short term apartments don't even have clothes washers - which is a lot more useful than a dish washer. A number of owners have said to me that they don't rent with clothes washers because they break. My first apartment here in Rosario they told me they took the clothes washer out the day before I arrived (even when I confirmed there was a clothes washer in an email :huh:)

We've never even considered a washer and dryer because we have three laundromats within five minutes of our Botánico apartment, and they're all cheap and quick.

For those that have a mucama, I'd bet quite a bit that sponge you have to wash dishes is also being used to clean counters, etc. Every new person I've had, I have had to explain that I *really* *really* don't want them using the dishwashing sponge to clean the counters etc, esp when they use CIF or something else. So cleaning chemicals on your plates, glasses, etc. I told a few friends, they checked with their maids and yep, they were using the same sponge for everything.

I have a dishwasher but up until recently, rarely used it just b/c with only 2 of us, it would take days to fill up the relatively small dishwasher and the pots/pans didn't fit in there anyway. But with the babies, we're going through a lot more so I'm back to using it. I love it buy my only complaint is dishwasher power is quite expensive as compared to regular dishwashing detergent.

Back