Fibertel: Internet Service License Revoked

I've had Fibertel for eight years and the only problem I had was once when the modem failed and they wanted me to pay for a replacement. I pointed out that it was THEIR modem, THEIR property, and they promptly folded and sent a technician with a new one. Was only one day without service.

French jurist said:
Is there any stock exchange geek here ? Since I believe it's impossible to trade on foreign markets from here (except through the internet), is it at least possible to gamble "bear" (means gambling that they will depreciate) on certain shares/stocks ?
You can't "legally" from Argentina. [unless you have an off shore account] There are some black trading desks in BA but commissions are brutal and risk is high, especially for short trades where you need speed.

Yesterday Fibertel was "providing the service illegally." Today, Fibertel's service is suspended to "prevent monopolies from overtaking the communications field." I smell fire sale. For me, Fibertel is the only broadband game in town and is going to be one big pain in the ass to change. What did I do before the Internet?

http://www.buenosairesherald.com/BreakingNews/View/42762

This is confusing for me. What does all this actually mean, in real terms? Obviously Fibertel is not exactly suspended, since I am on it at the moment. Is this something real, or just the Ks version of typical politics and nothing will come of it? I use the Internet for work, and if at some point in the coming weeks or months Fibertel is going to be shut off, I need to know that and start working on Plan B.

Anybody got a good Plan B recommendation?

I think its all scare tactics by the K's, telling clarin to tow the line or else..
Knowing that most argentines leave everything to the last minute, can you imagine what will happen in 3 months time when alot of people will be without internet ?

davonz said:
I think its all scare tactics by the K's, telling clarin to tow the line or else..
Knowing that most argentines leave everything to the last minute, can you imagine what will happen in 3 months time when alot of people will be without internet ?

That was my point earlier. Even if the vast majority of K voters are illiterate destitute people without Internet at all, or even TV, I cannot imagine they are so massively stupid that they can't predict the catastrophe they would have created if suddenly a million plus people lost their cabe TV and Internet service.

They think the economic collapse of 02 was interesting, you ain't seen nothing yet.

Are they really that flagrantly stupid?

It is going to be chaos in my view. You just cannot dump one million subscribers on another system without consequences. Pulling the plug on Fibertel will probably overburden other providers and their system will collapse. The people making these decisions are from another planet

The rest of the planet is going online while Christina disconnects our Internet service. Sorry to sound so negative.

Back