Fibertel protest demonstration

thank you for the much needed sincere perspective.

But that is what happens. If you can't defeat the message you attack the messenger. These types of people are good at that dirty politics stuff.

Lucas said:
That is because he says what it had to be said and many are afraid to, of course some don't want to hear nothing of that because its going against they interest and their pockets in particular the people who supported the dictatorship and antidemocratic governments, so I'm not surprised that you no like what he is saying.

He did not 'changed' the band he opened his eyes and found out what really all these liars were about and got the guts to said what he think of it.

Sarah, thou dost spurn me! I do accept that your silence regarding the omnipresent Nelson Castro is a tacit acknowledgment that you have no further evidence to provide that he is being or has been muzzled by the government but the other questions do so perturb me. Please Sarah, not another sleepless night, you have made some assertions, could you please provide the intelligence that naturally after a process of critical thinking, discussion, comparison, and evaluation led you to the other conclusions I made reference to. I do not doubt your honesty as you have made these statements with complete certitude and hence they must be true but as we are under a totalitarian government the more knowledge we have the more chance we have of survival. Could you please:

1. Share that information that shows the charges of Fibertel operating illegally are trumped up?

2. Tell me more about the journalists who are being forced to broadcast in exile on Radio Colonia in Uruguay by this government?

Moxon said:
Could you please:

1. Share that information that shows the charges of Fibertel operating illegally are trumped up?

2. Tell me more about the journalists who are being forced to broadcast in exile on Radio Colonia in Uruguay by this government?

Alex is right, you're not going to get that from SaraSara. Been there, tried that.

Interesting article on the Argentine Post today:

De Vido Says Argentina to Get Free WiFi Hotspots
http://www.argentinepost.com/2010/08/de-vido-says-argentina-to-get-free-wifi-hotspots.html

Some choice quotes:

"Critics will likely interpret the WiFi announcement as a last minute move designed to win favor amid what seems to be a massive rejection of the plan to kill Fibertel."

“We’re going to work very hard in the next 120 days to install WiFi around the country,” De Vido said. “Everybody is going to be able to take their notebooks to plazas and other areas to do their work. We’re going to have enormous spaces with free Internet, first in big cities and later in smaller towns.”

"De Vido said Fibertel has to be shut down because it is illegally operating without an appropriate license. An experienced corporate attorney told The Argentine Post, however, that, Grupo Clarin will probably not have to stop offering Internet through Fibertel. The battle over Fibertel will end up in court and Clarin will likely win, the attorney said."

----

Can you see everyone working on their notebooks in the plazas? What a perfect crime target!

So they are going the Estonia route. Very interesting and very promising if it actually happens regardless of what happens with Fibertel.

This is just progress.

Sleuth said:
“We’re going to work very hard in the next 120 days to install WiFi around the country,” De Vido said. “Everybody is going to be able to take their notebooks to plazas and other areas to do their work. We’re going to have enormous spaces with free Internet, first in big cities and later in smaller towns.”

I honestly couldn't care less what happens to Fibertel. They are a multi billion dollar company that doesnt care about anyone but itself. It has the money and the means to defend its interests. They made their own bed. They have to face the consequences.

I would prefer a negotiated solution that will allow me to keep my internets unchanged but not at the expense of having a freely elected government of the people cowed by some two bit corporation.

hell no, that would just be embarrassing.

1 ) " hey comcast just told the US government to go f**k themselves and their licenses "

2 ) " oh werd, so what happened ? "

1 ) " the US government agreed "

2 ) " wait wha ? "

Yeah right, like that would or should ever happen. Hell no.

In closing

f**K fibertel and the crooked horse they rode in on

orwellian said:
And what everyone knows in BA too is that Clarin are a bunch of thugs. Regardless what your opinion is of the K's, you should praise them for fighting a common enemy; Clarin. If we get rid of their monopoly and we can have good newspapers (also government critical newspapers, anti-K's) instead of the crap we have today.

Ok so for us living in La-La Land; care to indulge us with why you think Fibertel's permit was legal? Do you know that the company doesn't legally exist?

Yes which is a good thing. What I don't understand is how can you defend the Clarin group.
What about the EU monopoly laws against Microsoft. Were you against them too?

Btw, this so reminds me of the RCTV license in Venezuela being revoked. It's as if they are all using the same CIA manual. Wouldn't surprise me they deliberately failed to obtain a license so they could use it to discredit the government, similarly to what was done in Venezuela.
Regardless whether they did, it did have a huge success in terms of propaganda. Some Fibertel support groups reach 50.000 people on Facebook. Get your clients to protest the government protecting their customer rights. Now that's efficient propaganda.

What we really should be doing is picketing that Clarin sell Fibertel so the company can remain intact and we don't have to switch operators.

Finally a constructive comment. A responsible approach to avoid the chaos which will undoubtedly ensue when they pull the plug and leave us Fibertel users in the hands of Speedy (not) and Arnet (even worse).

Does anyone here understand the background under which the merger took place? Forgive me Lucas if this is in your video, haven't had time to watch it yet.

Corporate law beyond me, but my understanding was that the merger was approved by both the anti-trust committee and the general inspection of justice, back when the Clarin group enjoyed the patronage of the casa rosada. And ever since Clarin turned on the government, there have been repeated attempts to dismantle their monopoly, revoke their concessions and break up their group, besides other harrassments.

For the people who clearly believe Fibertel are at fault and have been operating illegally - what are you basing this assessment on? I'd have thought it was up to the courts to decide. I wouldn't trust the word of a planning minister any more than I'd trust Clarin's editorial line.

Whilst Clarin group is far too big, it should never have been granted the concessions in the first place. I'm fully in favour of media monopolies being broken up - but only on the basis that it is done legally, and in the interests of the country - not because its convenient for the Kirchners.

Gringoboy said:
And the crooked horse the K's STILL ride on?

Gringoboy you do not like the government why you live in Argentina? You can easily live in Uruguay or Paraguay, Peru or Bolivia .

What does that have to do with Fibertel not legitimately existing in Argentina ?

The K's " crooked horse " was a democratic election victory. I wouldn't consider the voters crooked horses.

but thats just me.
Gringoboy said:
And the crooked horse the K's STILL ride on?

Back