How much would you pay for this apartment?

Lee said:
Hello...you think maybe?!

Get a grip...

Do you get daily blow jobs from the maid?

:eek:

I seem to remember a post from you a few months back about leaving ARG for greener pastures in Venezuela or Colombia. How are the plans coming? I'm sure there are plenty of people on this forum that would be happy to come over and help you pack.

LAtoBA said:
1,600 for a completely furnished 3 bedroom in Palermo and Las Cañitas??? Not sure how nice it could be at that price.

They're few and far between, but out there. I actually had a local friend bargain a couple of owners down to that price range -- the apts. I saw were pretty nice, and the owners surprisingly willing to negotiate. I do think that having some sort of a local contact, or a family-friend type of referral, can be very helpful when navigating the short-term rental market.

Too high for sure. You can get a huge place for that! Keep looking.

As for the market here... Coming from Toronto I find good deals here for rent all things considered. And from what I understand long term (2yr I think) is a good deal cheaper. These short term stays come furnished which does up the price. I am quite happy with what I have in Las Canitas. Compared to an equivalent area in Toronto my apartment would be likely 3 times the price. Matter of perspective.

Starlucia - obviously those prices are possible but they are certainly the exception, not anything normal when it comes to short-term rentals.

For a 3 BR apt, in a nice building in a nice area, with amenities and doorman, etc, the OP is most probably going to be looking at the 2-3K a month range.

I just looked on soloduenos for apts in that size range and the ones I've seen are between 2100 and 2500 for a 3 BR but they don't mention if they have services in the building or 24 hour security. There is also one in Recoleta for 1900 but that doesn't include gastos.

I think that the price you were given is close to the highest end, I would counter offer at 2500$. I think more apts with similar features could be found in the 2000-2500$ range (temp, furnished, all included, amenities and in a nice neighborhood).

BAwithkids said:
Quiet, tree-lined block in Belgrano R. High-rise building with 24hr doorman, nice-sized pool, gym. 120 m2 with three good-sized bedrooms (no dependencia), central air and heat, high floor with great views (two balconies - both smallish). Completely furnished (furnishings look nice, but we would have someone check everything out). Nice kitchen with dishwasher(!), washing machine, etc. Dining table for 8 and kitchen table for 4. Internet, two (small) tvs in bedrooms (no tv in living room).

Also, looks like bedrooms don't have dressers and there's no desk - we would ask for owner to potentially add these.

Oh, and long-term temporary rental (6-9 months). Weekly maid service.

All this for U$S 3300/mo with no garantia is really not that bad. I would negotiate a bit based on the 6-9 month rental period and expect to get about 10% off the price. At around U$S 2970 - U$S 3000 I would think that you got a pretty fair deal.

Sounds like a bargain to me if you compare to Manhattan. B.A. is the same thing as NYC, right?

$3300 might be high - but it is Belgrano R. Which, even for Argentines is a very expensive part of town. Go and have a coffee there by the plaza. Then you'll see what the prices are like. It is a very nice neighbourhood all the same.

@BAwithkids, I don't know the Belgrano R area, but USD $3300 seems high to me. Specially when it is missing furnishings and dish/washer/dryer.

For comparison, that price could get you a same size modern 2br apartment in PM on a high-rise (15th floor+) with great city or river views and all the furnishings and missing items you list. It would also have 24/7 security, and amenities (gym, pool, play areas for kids, parking, etc.)

It is an appartment for rich people, in a rich area, so they can ask whatever they want. No middle-class argentinian will never be ever seen close to such deals. They know that you want those kind of ammenities, so they ask for more. For the same money in the rest of the city you can rent your own small building (six appartments at USD 500 each). Five hundred meters from there and you can rent a big appartment for less, do you really need a new building with swimming pool?

(The reason I worte this is because I don´t like that foreigners are ripped off in my country, and because if you accept you are driving up the prices for everybody else).

Back