"Leaving America"

Alilou said:
I find the whole "american" debate so boring and so done.

Why to read it, if it's so boring, even to write just show that you are interested in this boring thread.

Alilou said:
In the English- speaking world, people from the US are always going to be referred as Americans. Deal with it. As for the Spanish- speaking world, they can call us whatever they like as far as I'm concerned.

Not for me, from now on all the "Americans" are not more Americans, Gringos, yankis, etc., no sir, from now on all are USAnias as it should be so no one will be offended.

Lucas said:
Why to read it if it's so boring.

Not for me from now on all "Americans" are not more Americans, Gringos, yankis, no sir, from now on all are USAnias as it should be.
Before you rename something to become a slur, spell the slur correctly. You anus.

What a troll. Lucas is pathetically lurking on this forum looking for fights. It's an obvious troll due to the subject (hello... this is an English- speaking ex pat site and you're bitching about Americans to Americans for referring to ourselves as Americans... and btw I bet your way too pansy to take any of us on in person. ) and the repetitive posting. Get a life. Most of us are here because we are ex pats and we like to feel some sense of community. If you have something valuable to contribute, go for it. But I doubt you have anything interesting to say, otherwise you probably wouldn't spend so much time on an ex pat forum.

ghost said:
Before you rename something to become a slur, spell the slur correctly. You anus.

There you go. Discussion derailed. Nobody is listening.

Not that this endless argument will ever end, not in this forum that's for sure, but I'd like to tidy up a bit by repeating something I've already said:

The use of the term "american" to refer to USA people is not what pisses off the natives of Not-USA countries of the American continent. No sir it isn't.

What pisses people off, you all, is the stubborn refusal from USA people to see the argument from the other point of view. You refuse to put yourselves into South American (or Canadian, or Mexican or Caribbean) shoes.

No sir, that ain't gonna happen.

Ghost, you sorta proved my point by lowering the level, congrats.

NoPat said:
refusal from USA people to see the argument from the other point of view. You refuse to put yourselves into South American (or Canadian, or Mexican or Caribbean) shoes.

I can ASSURE you people from the US won't mind if people from Canada or Nicaragua call themselves American.

You should consider devoting your time to starting a movement to get people from other countries in America to stop referring to themselves as Canadians, Venezuleans (etc). If there is a petition to sign that says that everybody in America must only refer to themselves as American, I will sign it!

NoPat said:
There you go. Discussion derailed. Nobody is listening.

Not that this endless argument will ever end, not in this forum that's for sure, but I'd like to tidy up a bit by repeating something I've already said:

The use of the term "american" to refer to USA people is not what pisses off the natives of Not-USA countries of the American continent. No sir it isn't.

What pisses people off, you all, is the stubborn refusal from USA people to see the argument from the other point of view. You refuse to put yourselves into South American (or Canadian, or Mexican or Caribbean) shoes.

No sir, that ain't gonna happen.

Ghost, you sorta proved my point by lowering the level, congrats.
I think you missed the reference.

ghost said:

It hurts, isn't it?...If someone demotes your proud american status.

Well, at least you feel the same sentiment now as the rest of the continent folks...indignation.

Congratulations :p

steveinbsas said:
Beck made it clear that Soros was just a boy of 14, but as an adult, Soros said the following (as reported by TIME/in partnership with CNN):

"Nineteen forty-four was the best year of my life," he maintains. "I was 14 when the world intruded on my life. I was old enough to be aware of what was happening, and young enough to be excited by it."

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,978621,00.html
Your insinutaions about what Soros believes based upon this wording (to wit, that it somehow supports a Beck argument that Soros shares some kind of Nazi-like thinking) exposes you as:
1. dumb to believe such an unsupported illogical connection and/or
2. willing to decieve to win an argument and
3. having no credibility
You should contribute less to this forum. You pollute more than help.

Lucas said:
It hurts, isn't it?...If someone demotes your proud american status.

Well, at least you feel the same sentiment now as the rest of the continent folks...indignation.

Congratulations :p
Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

Back