Sick n tired of verdulero cheats...

I've been here 4 years now, longer than nearly all the verduleros....when the guy tried to scam me yesterday, I put back half the stuff and made a decent saving, the other customers saw what as happening so he learned a lesson but I wont go back. Shame as it was run by a lovely boliviana until recently...

I like buying at small shops as they tend to have more selection and better prices than supermarkets, but I am kind of tired of having to fake the accent to sound like a local so as not to get screwed, so I decided to go to opt for supermarkets only :)

You're lucky Uncle Dermot, my nearest supermarket is 2 train stops away....I'm praying for a Disco in my barrio!

rihornos said:
I like to buy to him because some others I have the feeling they laugh at me cheating on the weight, if you go early in the afternoon the place is empty but in the evenings people who work are standing on line, besides he has everything even cranberries and he has good quality and fresh vegetables and is also very kind I feel better spending my money there.

He has cranberries or blueberries?

Uncle Dermot said:
I like buying at small shops as they tend to have more selection and better prices than supermarkets, but I am kind of tired of having to fake the accent to sound like a local so as not to get screwed, so I decided to go to opt for supermarkets only :)

Dearest Uncle D..if you have to fake the accent to sound like a local I`m guessing the only person buying it is you..just saying..:)

hahaha the other day some ho was trying to charge me 25 per kilo for some cherrys. Meh I have got to know my local one so he doesn't... if not just go to Disco. Most Disco's have a good selection of stuff and they won't rip you off. It isn't that expensive either.

fifs2 said:
Dearest Uncle D..if you have to fake the accent to sound like a local I`m guessing the only person buying it is you..just saying..:)

Yes, I am the only one buying it...:confused:

Uncle Dermot said:
Yes, I am the only one buying it...:confused:

Don`t mind me..just speaking out of pure jealousy since I apparently have a wonderfully authentic Ukranian accent when I speak Spanish which is wierd since I`m borne and bred in Ireland...

He has cranberries Iam not very familiar with cranberries and I also bought them once to make a sauce .

Celia said:
......the ones who try to charge me 25 a kilo for lemon or morron when it's 8 or 10, or 25 pesos for 3 lettuces, a few onions and a banana. Yes I know I have a "cara de plata" but I'm tired of having to boycot so many places where they think I won't notice a 100% mark up!!!!

Not to mention the carniceria where they assaulted my friend (I had warned him they would short change him and he dared to stand his ground & ask for his correct money back so 3 guys threw him into the street).

You still whinging about being ripped off by the Argentinians? Come on Boluda cut out the innocent Engish rose act . Give back our Malvinas Piratas and then we will treat you with respect......

Back