What Are Your Least Favorite Topics At Baexpats?

What are your Least Favorite Topics?

• Where to find Maple Syrup

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Blue Dollar

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Neoliberal Fanboy's Pipe Dreams (i.e. How to change the economy)

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Where to find kale

• Which is better, Argentinean or Italian Pizza?

• Yanqui Ideas to Bring Puritanism to Argentina

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • Articles on how Screwed Up Argentina's Economy is

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Anything in the Women's Forum

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Joe's Polls

Votes: 11 30.6%

• Total voters
Threads that give us the unabridged history of the Falkland Islands.
In fact anything related to Nac and Pop territorial claims on said islands, unless supplied purely for entertainment purposes of course.

99% of the time I avoid those threads, it is fun though to see certain posters lose their marbles in grand fashion though. Responses in here can be a useful barometer.

The problem really is when an otherwise innocent thread gets high jacked and turns into an Obamacare discussion (argument) because some follow-up post happened to mention anything remotely correlated!

Not in any order:

Obamacare
NSA
Pizza
Maple Syrup
Anything saying Argentina is developed/developing
Nazis
Cristina sympathy
Teaching English
Overstaying visa
Asian food

Any thread where uneducated people try to speak on a subject with authority, when its obvious they have no idea what they are talking about. That really gets my goat. I also get tired of Argentina bashing threads. I get it, the country ( just like every other country in the world ) has issues. Constantly complaining about it isnt going to solve anything. Unless youre a tax paying, voting argentinian citizen, save it or move back to that perfect economic, political and social utpopia you call home. And let the rest of us know where it is so we can move there too. Just saying.

Not in any order:

Obamacare
NSA
Pizza
Maple Syrup
Nazis
Cristina sympathy
Teaching English
Overstaying visa
Asian food

We get it, you are broke and having a bad time, but...mmm, we aren't all in the same boat.

Any thread where uneducated people try to speak on a subject with authority, when its obvious they have no idea what they are talking about. That really gets my goat. I also get tired of Argentina bashing threads. I get it, the country ( just like every other country in the world ) has issues. Constantly complaining about it isnt going to solve anything. Unless youre a tax paying, voting argentinian citizen, save it or move back to that perfect economic, political and social utpopia you call home. And let the rest of us know where it is so we can move there too. Just saying.

Is "utpopia" the "argentinian" version of tapioca?

I'm waiting for my just deserts. :rolleyes:

The place I am now is not (and never will be) a Utopia for most expats.

But it is for me :)

Back