What food do you miss the most?

What food do you miss the most?

• N.American: Mash Potatoes, Mac & Cheese, Sloppy Joes, Turkey Sandwiches, Green Bean Casseroles etc.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Real Big Salads: Caesar, Chicken, Mexican, Veggie etc

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Pizza & Beer: Deep dish & thin with various topping, spicy sauce & Beer

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Tai Food: Spicy Pat Tai, Tai soup, Paneng, lettuce wraps, green chicken curry.etc.

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • N.Mexican: Burritos, Tostadas, Tacos, Nachos, Soup etc.

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Other?

Votes: 20 42.6%

• Total voters
Lucas said:
I tell you what I miss.....

I miss, the Empanadas (not the those horrible meat pies in which you need to put heaps of tomato sauce on the top in order to be able to eat them), Dulce de Leche, Facturas and all type of baked goodies found in the bakery, good taste and tender Beef (a very difficult goal this one) one you can eat without the need to put something on top to mask they tasteless or weird flavor, be this a barbecue sauce topping or HP or Tomato Sauce or Tabasco or Hot Chili or whatever, etc, etc., Chorizos (real ones not the full greasy soap made here), Asado cut as it should be (not much now because butchers are adopting that cut nowadays, Thanks God!), Real Chimichurri, Mollejas (the real sweet bread), Alfajores (an impossible dream), The Bread (hot just baked and coming out from from a real bakery oven), The Pizzas (all of them), Churros yummy (nowhere to be seen), Choripan with Chimichurri available anywhere on demand when you feel like it, Spanish Saffron real one with flavor and aroma to make a good and aromatic Risotto (never ever a possibility here to get one), not the rubbish sticky indelible made in here, what the hell is that?, real Unsalted Butter (in all the damn thing they can't go without putting heaps of salt in them), Empanadas discs and Pizza Dough ready to oven, real with 'full of flavor' Cooked Ham and Procciutto, Salamis all varieties not the plastic flavored, greasy tasteless made over here (a disgrace), Matambre, (this is another impossible dream), just good made on the day Fresh Pasta, Raviolis, Noquis (Gnoquis de Semola a la Romana) or from real potato as it should be made, Fettuccine or Spaghetti's, Lasagnas all fresh made on demand anywhere were you go there is one nearby, Salt (fine salt Celusal or something similar, not the chunky coarse thing they are packaging here), real Mayonnaise with eggs and lemon, not the sweet sugary tasteless they eat (horrible), and Espresso or Cortado (well to be fair lately they changed the bloody tea and the umbrella juice they used to serve as a coffee, I must admit), to be able to sit in any cafe bar or take away shop and order a cafe con leche and 3 medialunas, nope, no way, maybe a cappuccino and a piece of cake is your best bet, Dulce de Batata with Chocolate, Dulce de Membrillo, Cheese Mantecoso or Double Cream (this is another impossible dream) all the varieties of cheeses are dearly missed, gaseosas (sodas in siphon), Pomelo soda (grapefruit flavor) with and without gas, the Wines and to be able to buy any alcohol based drink anywhere at anytime.....and I can go on, and on, and on...
So believe me you are not alone on this guys/gals it's both ways, we always will be missing something with the switching...the difference is we do not complaint so often and every day as you do, we accept it the way it is (with all the pain it represents) and that is it, in simple words....Get Over It!...like everyone else or time to move on.

And perhaps it's time for you to learn how to write legibly.:p

Wouldn't it be easier to say, "If you don't like what Argentina has to offer, just go home.":mad:

BTW: A Mexican family in Puerto Vallarta got RICH by importing convenience/comfort foods from the USA and selling them to the Gringos.;)

Unfortunately, most Argentines would rather die than admit they learned anything from a Mexican.:D

And if may I add to the list:

Blue corn tortilla chips.

PS: The imported food island has recently resurfaced at the Walmart in Bahia Blanca.

It isn't there because of foreign demand.

I have just read through the entire list.

What you really need is your mommy to go out and buy the stuff, at least half of which can be found in something called shops and restaurants.

MizzMarr said:
mmm!
and one thing above all stands out in this list to me that I miss like crazy: Rhubarb!! Oh the things I'd do for some damn rhubarb. :p

Can you believe I saw it once in Coto about 5 years ago and didn't buy it..I foolishly thought I would see it again. I was so friendly with our local veg guy that I asked if he could get some for me (and fresh tarragon) but he'd never heard of it..rhubarb crumble ahhh...and let's not forget roasted parsnips.
FYI Lucas this isn't complaining, it's called reminiscing.

MizzMarr said:
mmm!
and one thing above all stands out in this list to me that I miss like crazy: Rhubarb!! Oh the things I'd do for some damn rhubarb. :p
The small fruit and vegetable stall 2 blocks away had rhubarbs about 7 moths ago, in the rhubarb season.

availability of out of season fruits and vegetables
fresh fish
corn tortillas
turkey
swiss, cheddar, pepperjack cheese
any breakfast item (oatmeal, buttermilk pancakes, syrup, variety of cereals, bagels, english muffins)
cranberries
free water with ice and lemon
free refills
Asian food
Mexican food

I miss having good snack foods
a variety of cheeses to choose from
spicy foods
Dill pickles
Clamato juice (Canadian thing)
(good) Movie popcorn
and potato chips that are not HAM or STEAK flavoured!

What a jack ass. Taking a simple nostalgia thread and making it into something negative.

Lucas said:
So believe me you are not alone on this guys/gals it's both ways, we always will be missing something with the switching...the difference is we do not complaint so often and every day as you do, we accept it the way it is (with all the pain it represents) and that is it, in simple words....Get Over It!...like everyone else or time to move on.

CarverFan said:
Ha, citymike, you just reminded me of the time I saw a flasher in Kensington central library! How very English it seems now...

And you reminded me that I don't see many legs of lamb here ;)

Back