What food do you miss the most?

What food do you miss the most?

• N.American: Mash Potatoes, Mac & Cheese, Sloppy Joes, Turkey Sandwiches, Green Bean Casseroles etc.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Real Big Salads: Caesar, Chicken, Mexican, Veggie etc

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Pizza & Beer: Deep dish & thin with various topping, spicy sauce & Beer

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Tai Food: Spicy Pat Tai, Tai soup, Paneng, lettuce wraps, green chicken curry.etc.

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • N.Mexican: Burritos, Tostadas, Tacos, Nachos, Soup etc.

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Other?

Votes: 20 42.6%

• Total voters
citygirl said:
Good cheese. Really good cheese. (That of course is not specific to country, I used to buy cheese in NY from all over the world).
Spicy food - Mexican, Thai, Indian, whatever. Just spicy.
Real dim sum.
Pizza from Patsys with an ice-cold beer.
Oysters. So miss oysters, pommes frites and a glass of Muscadet. Mmmm....

Argentina has incredible oysters but they are hard to get in Buenos Aires . Crizia restaurant has some of the best oysters I have tried anywhere. They are from Carmen De Patagones

Fish and chips with curry sauce as a side

Full English breakfast, good bacon is difficult to find here

Indian food too, but I know a few great places here to get my fix!

MizzMarr said:
mmm!
and one thing above all stands out in this list to me that I miss like crazy: Rhubarb!! Oh the things I'd do for some damn rhubarb. :p

They have rhubarb here. In rhubarb season. (whenever that is)

John.St said:
The small fruit and vegetable stall 2 blocks away had rhubarbs about 7 moths ago, in the rhubarb season.

During rhubarb season they season they sell it in disco.

North sea shrimps. The best in the world. But when I go to europe I eat so many of them that I now get sick just thinking about them.:D

perry said:
Argentina has incredible oysters but they are hard to get in Buenos Aires . Crizia restaurant has some of the best oysters I have tried anywhere. They are from Carmen De Patagones

Thanks Perry. I've found one or two restaurants that had them on the menu but I've never ordered them. For me, unless it's a seafood restaurant where they have high turnover of seafood/oysters, I don't trust them. I ate bad oysters once and let's just say I wouldn't wish that experience on my worst enemy.

But if you've had them and they're good, I'll give it a try.

Cheers!

For all the spicy's lovers try the local version . Yes, some of us like spicy food. Salsa de ají Kitucho , hard to find though . It's chili with tomato sauce softer than Tabasco but quite good.

I saw rhubarb a couple of times in Almagro when I lived there... I don't know the exact address of the verdelueria sorry, but it was on Rivadavia about a block down from Mario Bravo/Masa (heading towards town). They didn't always have rhubarb though. And that was about three months ago when I last saw it (I don't live there anymore).

Ooh, and I really miss baked beans. A full English breakfast sounds great right about now, too.

Back