Ajoknoblauch - What Is Your Problem??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since our Feudster Couple will be with us for years ...

I wouldn't bet the ranch on that one.
emo32.gif

I'm translating all further conversations as Irish pub talk, it's the only way to compact the awful blather here. Skip on by if you don't like the cut of my jib:

- That aul fella's an awful bollix.
- Aye, he's no craic at all.
- Some of ye talk some awful shite all the same, yis haven't feckin a notion.
- Aye, sure...you're some boy youself for that craic
- Your round?
- Aye, same?
- Aye, g'wan ye feckin eejit ye

I could go for a good Guinness right about now. Do the Irish actually drink Guinness?

I could go for a good Guinness right about now. Do the Irish actually drink Guinness?

Yes.

Although craft beer is all the rage in Ireland as of the last few years, loads of new lovely beers to be enjoyed. Guinness is probably still a top seller.

Never drink Guinness unless most other people are drinking it in the same place. It's rotten unless the lines are cleaned frequently and the barrells regularly changed, i.e. it is fresh and served via a clean system.

Has nothing to do with water or any nonsense about travelling. Clean system, fresh = good. If it has been sitting in a barrel for a year or so and one person a week has a pint it will be horrible.

you can get bottles of Guinness here but it doesn't travel well.

Thats the original stuff, you cant get that on draught. According to the old timers that's the real mccoy and the stuff that comes in draught in the pub is a sanitised version! Watch out for the export strength stuff sold mostly in Nigeria. Bleeuuucchh!

Draught is your only man.

You mean, won't bet the fortified compound in Bahia Blanca ( Not the BB, I meant )

Actually, Hybrid-san, it's an unfortified compound (as you will see if you read the fine print).
emo32.gif

PS: In any other thread, this post would probably be followed by a snarky comment about "the fine print" and perhaps a link to an article about the land scam known as Galt's Gulch Chile.

Anyone want to bet there will be one here? I rather doubt it. If there is...it could be the last.

But I won't bet the ranch (aka El Rancho Escondido) on that, either.

Do they have it here?

Or you can cry over a Quilmes Stout.

Quilmes Stout is not the worst beer in the world, but I'm not a fan of sweet-tasting stouts.

There is an Irish pub just down the road that takes at least three pulls to fill the glass. Looks like I'll be heading over late this evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back