Another Fatal Train Accident - Many Injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be superfluous. Everybody already knows that, when anything goes wrong in Argentina, it's the IMF's fault.
Forgot Clarin.
Can laugh at all the spin on stuff here. But when the vulnerable (poor working stiffs) pay the supreme price for incompetence, not funny. Poor buggers are used in every shape and manner.

I think I am understanding what you are saying. Permit me to re-phrase: Because the motorman has already been charged with "creating intentional havoc," and because the authorities are reluctant to charge using the term "intentional" in these incidents, therefore there must be clear evidence in this case that the motorman intentionally caused the accident - perhaps to make CFK look bad. (Please correct me if I am mis-reading your comments or your conclusion.)

What i m saying is:
1) the file of the criminal investigation is secret;
2) it is too soon to blame the K administration because they fixed what seems that was the problem at the Once accident (lack of manteinance in brakes)
3) from my experience working from inside an important case of another accident before federal courts, i read that the evidence is regarding something very different than an accident.

If this is what you are saying then you need some education in accident investigation procedures. I am very familiar with this process. As a military pilot I investigated four military crashes (including the Kara Hultgreen F-14 crash) and for 3 years was on the "Go Team" for my employer, the top aviation law firm in the US where I investigated 6 civilian crashes. One NEVER comes to a conclusion about the cause of an accident until all of the evidence is fully analyzed. That includes a thorough visual examination of the wreckage, laboratory testing of critical pieces of the wreckage, examination of the area leading up to and around the wreckage, finding and lab testing of critical components like the CVR and instruments, biological testing of the operators - including blood samples and post mortem testing, interviews of witnesses, , etc. In fact, keeping all options open throughout the entire investigation, even as one is determining the validity of particular theories, is one the of the most important skills of an accident investigator.

Right, but this is a forum, not the case before the judge. And we are not the investigators.
So?

this case, is appears that the train was accelerating until the moment of impact. The K's (including you) and the Opposition are using this as "evidence" that 1) it must be an intentional act by the motorman - therefore the system isn't at fault, or 2) it is obviously a result of the system maintained by the K's.

What can we conclude from the evidence that we currently know? Only that according to witnesses the train was accelerating up until the time of the impact, there was no braking action, and that there was no warning given by the motorman. Anything else is pure guessing

Many people here asserted this is product of the K lack of manteinance.
Tell them how wrong is to assert that now, specially when the evidence published by all the newspapers show the opposite.

Since you say you worked on the LAPA 3142 accident then you should be very familiar with this process. Do you remember the cause of this accident? The pilots did not set flaps correctly for takeoff,

Wrong. They never even checked it. The co pilot was famous for making the list by memmory, and having a bad memmory. No other pilot wanted to fly with him.
There was no asceptic cabin as soon as they interrupted the check to flirt with the stewardess.

and failed to notice the alarm that continually sounded warning them of the incorrect configuration during the take-off roll.

They noticed it (you can find the black box on you tube) but instead of aborting during V1, the pilot tried to fix it as soon as in that model it has one alarm for many issues.
At V2 when they cannot abort, he aborted and he crashed.

But, that wasn't the whole story, right? Not by far. The investigators determined that many contributing factors were involved, including lax company procedures that allowed pilots to fly without licensees,

You mean the falsification of the records because weigel was rejected during the test because he made the same mistakes that produced the accident.

All the other pilots used to aborts the flights when the was an alarm and Weigel was always sent then to fly it. The idea that pilots didn t take atention to alarms was just an strategy of the defense.

Perhaps the motorman intentionally caused the accident to undermine CFK. Perhaps the motorman fell asleep. Perhaps he was busy texting his new girlfriend. Perhaps the new brakes installed were installed incorrectly. Perhaps there is a system-wide problem. These are all theories. Like professionals, we should wait until the accident investigation on this train crash is complete before we determine who is at fault.

There is a new system installed in that train that is called "alive man", so, if he doesn t push a button every 12 seconds, the train stops.

To stop a train like that one, first you have to stop speeding. So, the brakes cannot be the problem.

There were many signals ignored.

I m not a professional of accidents, i m a professional about law and from my experience, i suggest to read the facts and to aviid the comments or speculations of journalists because they are almost always wrong.
Without having access to the file is impossible to know what caused it but I m not stupid and it is clear what didn t caused it.
It is also clear that the whole thing is fishy.

I'm sticking to Occam's razor theory rather that exhausting myself trying to gobble Bajo_cero2 conspiracy theories. These are simple people with simple minds we're talking about (union workers).

The infrastructure earmarked funds have been lining the government's pockets since the first spaniards hit our shores.

BTW, someone knows who can fix a bullshit meter? Mine gets stuck systematically when I read some of these replies.

bullshit-meter-2.jpg

Forgot Clarin.
Can laugh at all the spin on stuff here. But when the vulnerable (poor working stiffs) pay the supreme price for incompetence, not funny. Poor buggers are used in every shape and manner.

But Cristina has their back. They are the beneficiaries of Fútbol Para Todos!

Just in case anybody needs a reminder of the enduring villain in these sagas (circa 1985, on Rodríguez Peña near Corrientes):

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=461205247297286&set=a.377503972334081.90337.299468063471006&type=1&theater

Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to post the photo directly.

Bajo_Cero2,

Seriously, man. You flip back and forth like wheat in high wind. First you tell us to read the papers because what you are saying is all there, and then you say we should avoid the papers because all journalists lie. I won't go back over your response to my post tit-for-tat because that's just boring to everyone else to read.

It's seems that often you are just saying whatever comes to your mind in order to defend CFK. You can certainly do that, however people will not take anything you say seriously and dismiss your comments outright as pure CFK propaganda.

And I know we're not judge and jury, but you didn't make clear exactly why you think this is 'fishy', as you put it.
You seem to smell a rat with the implication being that the accident was intentional or a put up job, particularly as you appear to agree with the tweets issued forth from that D'Elia character.
There have been numerous instances where this regime has fallen back on the sabotage theory simply to cover up their own shortcomings or very possibly the paranoia of power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back