Another Fatal Train Accident - Many Injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motorman screwed up.
http://www.infobae.com/notas/717971-El-video-del-accidente-de-Castelar.html

That does look weird.
Others were implying that the crash was intentional.

As little as I know about driving trains, it does seem that warnings were ignored at very least.

Is the motorman claiming he didn't respond to the Hombre Vivo system by tapping the pedal? If he did and the brakes failed you would have to question why he didn't allow that system to stop the train.

Looks bizarre anyway.

Some basic questions....

Why does the train system let trains go through a red light?

Why does the train system not automatically slow down the train on amber lights?

Why is there no automatic breaking system preventing trains breaking the light signals?

Why is the man alive switch set at every 6 seconds and not at a random interval? Would this not become an automatic reactionary thing when you hear a beep?

Can you place a stone on the dead man switch? http://www.reddit.co...en_en_castelar/

How often do drivers just ignore signal lights not working?

Its all very strange from that video.

I would suggest you look at the statistics based on tonnage/passenger kilometers. India and the USA are so far ahead of Argentina , that , well , Argentina is not even listed. To early in the AM to look for "train accidents based on volume of trains/kilometers/passengers/tonnage. "

As for the trains here , aside from K's new toy , Tren Della Costa , I do not ride them.
Why not look at it in terms of dead people. Per year.

It said that the motorman got up from his seat just before the impact? Where did the motorman go? Do we have testimony from the motorman yet?

It's pretty hard to miss that big metal thing that looks like a train right in front. :eek:

Brace for crash landing !! or he dropped his cell phone.....

I get "warm-and-fuzzies" about riding the trains here from watching this video! If I remember correctly this happened pre-dawn early morning which, statistically, is the worst time for road and rail transport accidents. When I was younger I drove an 18-wheeler coast-to-coast US for a couple of years to make some extra money for college. It was a standing order in my company to pull over at 3am and wait until after dawn to continue to drive.

In 2008 my wife, our 2 kids, and I went to Bariloche by bus. About 4am I could feel the bus start little swerves and I knew the driver was starting to fall asleep. I hopped into the cab with him and talked to him until about 8am to make sure he didn't doze off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back