Gay Marriage Passes in Arg Senate

VoiceofTruth said:
".......nor drunkards........will inherit the kingdom of God." 1 Corinthians 6:9-10

That bit pissed me off! I might as well let rip with the rest of the bad stuff then I have nothing to lose.

ssr said:
These brainwashed Jesus freaks are a real menace in the US.

The Westboro Baptist Church (http://www.godhatesfags.com/) sends picketers to military funerals (funerals!) to rant about how American soldiers getting killed is just God's way of punishing the US for allowing homosexuality. Seriously crazy stuff.

All I could say to this is these people are way off base. God does not hate homosexuals. God does not hate anyone. But God does hate sin. As I said before, look to Jesus. If you let people who are misrepresenting God keep you from God, then who loses, you. God loves you no matter what but because of His holiness He must judge sin, and He did on the cross. Now He wants people accept His forgivness.

I confess to being guilty of it, but lets stop feeding the troll........

And back to topic -

VoiceofTruth said:
All I could say to this is these people are way off base. God does not hate homosexuals. God does not hate anyone. But God does hate sin. As I said before, look to Jesus. If you let people who are misrepresenting God keep you from God, then who loses, you. God loves you no matter what but because of His holiness He must judge sin, and He did on the cross. Now He wants people accept His forgivness.

Oh my GOD!!!! (pun intended) Stop bringing in religion dude. Not everyone lives according to the bible or religious doctrines. Its fine you believe that way, seriously, but don't bring religion to this argument because no church is going to marry me and my samesex partner, the government is. An thankfully in a country where for the most part exercises the separation or religion and state. Civil Rights, plain and simple. Why do they keep drilling and drilling religion and versicles? Like if all of the sudden something is going to click in my brain and adjust my actions just because the bible "says" its wrong. I don't base my life on the bible, and if you do good or you and keep doing it because that is how you live your life.

VoiceofTruth said:
"Do not practice homosexuality; it is a detestable sin." Leviticus 18:22

"If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them". Leviticus 20:13

"Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God." 1 Corinthians 6:9-10

God made a law many years ago a little different from this one. Man's laws do not supercede God's laws.

You speak the truth ! :):):)

And, brother, I recommend you too this one :
"And the males likewise gave up natural relations with females and burned with lust for one another. Males did shameful things with males and thus received in their own persons the due penalty for their perversity." (Romans 1:27)

I see there are many "Darwinians" on this board, if you see what I mean.

I see too that many women gave their opinion in this thread, and I shall remind that "Wives should be subordinate to their husbands as to the Lord." (Ephesians 5:22)

Maybe do I feel like you, I feel myself as a Christian Taliban but it's just that I've not grown hair yet.

Amen

I have cursed at my parents (in my rebellious youth) - Leviticus 20:9, was promiscuous under my father's roof - Deuteronomy 22:20-1 and worked on a Sunday - Exodus 35:2 - so I guess I'm condemned to death 3x over. :eek:

I've also been known to wear pants - Deuteronomy 22:5 Women that wear men’s clothing are an “abomination unto the Lord.” - so I'm also an abomination.

And I guess I won't be all that happy since I am not prone to dashing children against rocks - Psalms 137.9 "Happy shall he be that taketh and dasheth the little ones against the stones."

I also don't sacrifice two pigeons or turtles after I have my period - so I'm unclean as is anyone I come into contact with. Leviticus 15:28-30

Sigh... so many sins, so little time.;)

Don't lose heart, Citygirl...! You are still young. :)

Sadly, I've almost run out of Commandments to break. Only "Thou Shall Not Kill" is left. Although I may crack that one too if I ever get within striking distance of La Presidenta.

Back