Gay Marriage Passes in Arg Senate

To be honest, this thread was meant to be one congratulating Argentina for bringing in the law to allow Same Sex Marriage, and has degenerated into an argument of biblical proportions. Shame really, that those who welcome this law are not allowed to state so, without being attacked by those who have different views, be they religious or other.

I revert to the original post, and congratulate the first Latin American country to accept the equality of same sex relationships, and grant the right for marriage in law.

Ummm.. as I posted earlier - I am a born and raised Catholic, educated by Jesuits and am quite familiar with the Bible. I've read and studied it in its entirety which is something I am guessing quite a few people posting on this thread have not. I've also taken many a theology class.

The only person that can speak God's law is God. Or the Pope since he is the personal earthly representative (if you're Catholic). My point is that VoT has taken some passages from the Bible and is attempting to assert that s/he is speaking ABSOLUTE truth. And uh.. not so much.

But again, I'm open if ya'll want to discuss genocide, rape, murder of children, slavery and some of the other things condoned or even promoted in the Bible. Or should we just ignore those things?

So thanks for all of you offering to educate me on the Bible but you know.. I think I'll pass. And please believe that it's not that I don't need study but I'll chose to study with scholars of religion, not some internet posters who profess they know everything.

PS - And just to clarify, my church in NYC welcomed gays and lesbians. I also have an accquaintance who is a priest. He's also homosexual. The Jesuits were quite aware of this and saw no problem with ordaining him. He is a non-practicing homosexual, just as there are many non-practicing heterosexuals that are priests.

But I find it unbelievable that there are those who are coming here and are preaching to me about what the CHURCH WANTS. Well, not so much. My Church is open to everyone, preaches love and tolerance and welcomes all those that seek comfort. And you know - I think I'll listen to my priests.

Liam - you're right. I should stop arguing and again, just revert back to saying congrats to Argentina and I hope that it is just the beginning. :D

VoiceofTruth said:
Man's laws do not supercede God's laws.

So VoT, please tell me: who appointed you god's spokesperson? Since when is yours THE voice of truth? Are you saying that the bible has uniquely authorized you to preach that hostility towards gays is more important than the core conviction that we are all equal in the eyes of god?

Of all the threads about poverty and injustice that are routinely posted in this forum, the issue of accepting love among homosexuals is the one that fires you up enough to respond. In doing so you have restructured the priorities of the bible, giving false weight to issues that matter to YOU while claiming the mantle of GOD to get others to pay attention. Your pride is truly despicable.

Have you no fear that your self-appointed role as god's agent won't get your pathetically judgemental ass fried in hell? I would be less worried about telling others how to live than correcting your own sins of the heart, which are sadly evident to everyone but you.

I can almost hear the comments from the man upstairs after he pulls your posts from BAExpats.org: "Here we go again. Another one of these losers who took the bait and behaved like they were Me during their short and remarkably poorly managed time on earth. The sins of pride an idolatry all wrapped up into one incredibly misguided soul. Off to hell YOU go!"

Choripán said:
So VoT, please tell me: who appointed you god's spokesperson? Since when is yours THE voice of truth?...Your pride is truly despicable.

Given his arrogance, I'm somewhat surprised VOT didn't choose the user name VoiceofGod. It would have been blasphemous, but it would have been more accurate. Truth has nothing to do with religious beliefs. It's all about faith. That's all.

Liam3494 said:
To be honest, this thread was meant to be one congratulating Argentina for bringing in the law to allow Same Sex Marriage, and has degenerated into an argument of biblical proportions. Shame really, that those who welcome this law are not allowed to state so, without being attacked by those who have different views, be they religious or other.

I revert to the original post, and congratulate the first Latin American country to accept the equality of same sex relationships, and grant the right for marriage in law.
I just saw this post. Read the first page and then hit "Last" to read the last page. It appears to me that I made the right choice.

I wish I had been there (in front of the Congreso) with a camera, but it was 4:06am, it's cold this week, I was sleeping... oh well, I can't always be there to record history.

Suerte to everyone who is happy!

-Napoleon

Davidglen77 said:
Great news about the gay marriage bill.......

.......Now if only they would lower the IVA tax from a ridiculous high of 21% and eliminate the "impuesto al cheque" and "impuesto a debito/credito" in checking accounts, I would say this country is on a path to greatness!!

Ok, great news once again about gay marriage, now how about lowering all of this taxes and stop nickel and diming people everytime they turn around?? Who is up for debate on that??

128715324311305029.jpg

this nation like most sane nations, are now ruled by governments, elected by the people for the people. we are no longer run by religious bullies, who prey on the fears of humanity. we are now more informed and do not need to clutch to an ideal of some superior ¨god¨ or some outdated scripture for assurance.

this law is a great day for love and humanity! yes we have different views, fantastic. but my point is, this thread was for those to be happy and celebrate what they believe in. you don´t see me going into church and telling you to wake up and smell the coffee. yet for some reason followers of god, i could call it many other things but i wont, seem to feel the need to stick their nose in where its not wanted. why dont you go and clean up your own backyard first before you preach to me, have some credibility would you.

so essentially f·$k off with your religious bulls·$t and let these people enjoy their beliefs.

VoiceofTruth, i should of called myself VoiceofGay but I am not as self-righteous, thats a sin i´m sure!

Back