What Happens To Cristina After The Election?

I don't think the Brazilians would have let that happen

I don;t see how we could have stopped it. With their more educated populace and not having the ridiculous economic policies that destroyed the nation, Argentina would have been impossible to match. It would have been the economic, technological and academic leader of the region.

Reactions: Joe
Look on the bright side. If the Neo-liberals had remained in power and Peronism never existed, Argentina would be like Singapore: a rich country in a poor region. And it would be much too expensive for many expats who would be forced to seek refuge in Thailand or Ecuador.

I am sorry for the off-topic post. I am really sorry. But this is such a historical moment, that I can't contain myself and have to share it.

The wealthiest and most powerful people in Brazil, all involved in the Petrobras scandal, have just been transferred to a common Brazilian penitentiary. They will stay in regular cells, eat regular prison food and have no privileges whatsoever. These people are worth tens of billions of dollars each and command incredible political influence. I am 40 years old and not only have never seen anything like it, but also I never dreamed that I'd live to see the day. I am almost in tears right now.

Executivos da Odebrecht e Andrade são transferidos para presídio comum

1520667.jpeg

I have been living and traveling in L.A. almost as long as Camberiu is old and I never thought I would see the above either It has happened in Brazil and in no other L.A. country to my recollection.This is the main reason I say that Brazil is a model to be followed in L.America..At least regarding its justice system if nothing else.In Argentina the above would be unthinkable.

I am sorry for the off-topic post. I am really sorry. But this is such a historical moment, that I can't contain myself and have to share it.

The wealthiest and most powerful people in Brazil, all involved in the Petrobras scandal, have just been transferred to a common Brazilian penitentiary. They will stay in regular cells, eat regular prison food and have no privileges whatsoever. These people are worth tens of billions of dollars each and command incredible political influence. I am 40 years old and not only have never seen anything like it, but also I never dreamed that I'd live to see the day. I am almost in tears right now.

Executivos da Odebrecht e Andrade são transferidos para presídio comum
Actually I think it is totally on-topic (What happens to Cristina after the election). The fact that no one is discussing possible prison for Cristina because of corruption is a sad affair. The fact that rich and powerful can break the law and run free in Argentina and where I am living now, the USA is reprehensible.

There seems to be a formula in place here for outgoing presidents. In the not too distant future
Christina could become a senator again and like Menem be immune from incarceration. As long as her party
is in power, it's unlikely she will face charges of corruption. If and when the power shifts away from
her people, she may elect to spend her golden years in another country. After Juan Manuel de Rosas, Governor of Buenos Aires Province, relinquished power he opted for an early retirement (three years younger that Cristina is now) in Great Britain and became a farmer.

There seems to be a formula in place here for outgoing presidents. In the not too distant future
Christina could become a senator again and like Menem be immune from incarceration. As long as her party
is in power, it's unlikely she will face charges of corruption. If and when the power shifts away from
her people, she may elect to spend her golden years in another country. After Juan Manuel de Rosas, Governor of Buenos Aires Province, relinquished power he opted for an early retirement (three years younger that Cristina is now) in Great Britain and became a farmer.

General Galtieri opted for "voluntary early retirement" in 1982.

dissapears to some shoe-shopping mecca with all the money that went/will go 'missing', or confiscated during her administration. Could she be any different than menem? are politicos not all cut from the same cloth?

Maybe she will do as Nestor did and donate the shoes she wore as a president to the museo del bicentenario for the greater good of Argentine history.

I have been living and traveling in L.A. almost as long as Camberiu is old and I never thought I would see the above either It has happened in Brazil and in no other L.A. country to my recollection.This is the main reason I say that Brazil is a model to be followed in L.America..At least regarding its justice system if nothing else.In Argentina the above would be unthinkable.

Have you been to Chile? Their police force looks like an army and not one you can pay coimas to as in the rest of Latin America.

Back