Another Fatal Train Accident - Many Injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is a simple illustration of when you pull money out (either through cuts or corruption), people die.

It's a real consequence. Running a safe railway network is a complicated and expensive process.

I noticed on that LaNacion link that passenger numbers are plummeting on the Sarmiento line - this will shave off another 20% I'm guessing.

Of course, this could be the big plan.

cause accidents
people stop using the service
we don't have to run it anymore
???
profit

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moorgate_tube_crash
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automatic_train_operation

Other countries learn from their mistakes and take appropriate action:

"A system that came to be known informally as Moorgate protection, which stops a train automatically if the driver fails to brake, was introduced at dead-ends on the London Underground."

Whats done here? I'm waiting for someone to blame the IMF.
Oh yes the IMF. The CIA was way to busy with their Earthquake and Weather Machines. And the NSA and FBI were burried under piles of useless metadata. So blame goes to the IMF.

SNAFU: brakes

http://www.perfil.com/sociedad/Exclusivo--Las-advertencias-al-Sarmiento-sobre-el-estado-de-la-formacion-chapa-01-20130614-0052.html

Interesting link:

http://en.wikipedia....nts_(2010–2019)

After a quick glance India, Argentina, and the USA seem to have the most accidents. There are a lot more here than I remembered.

I would suggest you look at the statistics based on tonnage/passenger kilometers. India and the USA are so far ahead of Argentina , that , well , Argentina is not even listed. To early in the AM to look for "train accidents based on volume of trains/kilometers/passengers/tonnage. "

As for the trains here , aside from K's new toy , Tren Della Costa , I do not ride them.

I would suggest you look at the statistics based on tonnage/passenger kilometers. India and the USA are so far ahead of Argentina , that , well , Argentina is not even listed. To early in the AM to look for "train accidents based on volume of trains/kilometers/passengers/tonnage. "

As for the trains here , aside from K's new toy , Tren Della Costa , I do not ride them.

I wasn't making any comparisons. Just pointing to a link with a list. I'll let you do all the calculations. :)

The motor man is under criminal prosecution for intentional havoc. The black box shows he was speeding up until he crashed and he ignores many alert lights.
I worked on the LAPA case (an aircraft accident during take off) were 66 people died and judges accused for negligent accident. They are very reluctant to use the accusation of intentional. So, there shoul be very clear evidence.
As soon as the government took to improve the service as a campaign strategy, the "accident" is fishy and innocent people dies in between.

I think I am understanding what you are saying. Permit me to re-phrase: Because the motorman has already been charged with "creating intentional havoc," and because the authorities are reluctant to charge using the term "intentional" in these incidents, therefore there must be clear evidence in this case that the motorman intentionally caused the accident - perhaps to make CFK look bad. (Please correct me if I am mis-reading your comments or your conclusion.)

If this is what you are saying then you need some education in accident investigation procedures. I am very familiar with this process. As a military pilot I investigated four military crashes (including the Kara Hultgreen F-14 crash) and for 3 years was on the "Go Team" for my employer, the top aviation law firm in the US where I investigated 6 civilian crashes. One NEVER comes to a conclusion about the cause of an accident until all of the evidence is fully analyzed. That includes a thorough visual examination of the wreckage, laboratory testing of critical pieces of the wreckage, examination of the area leading up to and around the wreckage, finding and lab testing of critical components like the CVR and instruments, biological testing of the operators - including blood samples and post mortem testing, interviews of witnesses, , etc. In fact, keeping all options open throughout the entire investigation, even as one is determining the validity of particular theories, is one the of the most important skills of an accident investigator.

In this case, is appears that the train was accelerating until the moment of impact. The K's (including you) and the Opposition are using this as "evidence" that 1) it must be an intentional act by the motorman - therefore the system isn't at fault, or 2) it is obviously a result of the system maintained by the K's.

What can we conclude from the evidence that we currently know? Only that according to witnesses the train was accelerating up until the time of the impact, there was no braking action, and that there was no warning given by the motorman. Anything else is pure guessing.

Since you say you worked on the LAPA 3142 accident then you should be very familiar with this process. Do you remember the cause of this accident? The pilots did not set flaps correctly for takeoff, and failed to notice the alarm that continually sounded warning them of the incorrect configuration during the take-off roll. But, that wasn't the whole story, right? Not by far. The investigators determined that many contributing factors were involved, including lax company procedures that allowed pilots to fly without licensees, and constant maintenance problems. One of the pilots interviewed said it was so bad that on almost every takeoff some alarm was sounding and they just got used to it.

Perhaps the motorman intentionally caused the accident to undermine CFK. Perhaps the motorman fell asleep. Perhaps he was busy texting his new girlfriend. Perhaps the new brakes installed were installed incorrectly. Perhaps there is a system-wide problem. These are all theories. Like professionals, we should wait until the accident investigation on this train crash is complete before we determine who is at fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back